Online Dating but haven’t met yet

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 7:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Metjuw
    Metjuw
    Participant
    May 13, 2020 at 6:51 pm #233777

Hello everyone,

So a bit of background of how it started, I was going through Tinder last Friday and I saw this girl. Then the next day, I received a notification that we matched so we started talking and everything is going smooth up until now (I could be wrong as I sometimes get over my head due to my past relationships).

She seems very friendly, we also are hopefully meeting at some point even though she said that we should talk a while longer. We talk a lot during the day and she even said that she would like to get to know me better and I also give her, her space so as not to annoy her. The thing is here when she was going out during the past couple of days that we were talking she told that she would be going to a friend’s place but today just before I left work I sent her several messages and after a few minutes she told me that she was out and to catch up later, I told her sure talk later and it ended there.

Metjuw
    Metjuw
    Participant
    May 13, 2020 at 6:54 pm #233778

Up until this hour that I’m writing this message, I have not received anything from her. I did not message so as to leave her be and not to sound like I’m running after her so I thought I’d let her message me back.

I would kindly appreciate any advice for this silent treatment. My last date went dark on me without messaging me back or anything but that’s another story that I moved on from.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 14, 2020 at 12:28 pm #233802

I would suggest you (engage with multiple women) until you’re actually in a relationship.
    This will keep you from becoming too “emotionally invested” in someone you barely know!
    It also makes it easier to handle rejection or being ghosted because you’re not “all in’ with one person.

If you were seeking a job you wouldn’t stop sending out resumes just because you had a great interview with one company.
    Until an offer has been made and accepted both the candidate and company are within their rights to interview others.

When it comes to online dating it’s also important to remember {you’re in competition with other guys}!
    Anyone who has an {active dating profile} is keeping their options open and (so should you).

When people have never met in person or actually (verbally spoken on the phone) there’s no real human connection.
    If they feel {someone better} has come along they may decide to “ghost” the other person they were talking with.
    Yes it’s rude but all you can do is move on. In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

You may want to read the book: Online Dating Avoid The Catfish! How To Date Online Successfully

Best wishes!

Metjuw
    Metjuw
    Participant
    May 15, 2020 at 8:10 am #233808

Thank you for the advice. I find it hard to communicate with more than one person at a time so I try to focus on one person that is which I like and think I have the higher chance of meeting instead of going out of my league.

I understand that online dating is a competition and that’s the part which scares me the most as I try to build a relationship and getting to know that person and then maybe another person comes along and she ghosts me. She told me that she is honest and upfront about everything and I imagine that if she does not want to talk to me then she will tell me politely at the very least that she wants to be friends.

We made contact today and we were talking fine again could have been other things which happened yesterday which I don’t need to stress myself out. I mean if she stumbles upon another and she does not pursue me than it’s fine, I will move on. There’s plenty of fish out there waiting to be caught! 🙂

daniel-1973
    daniel-1973
    Participant
    May 18, 2020 at 11:59 am #233938

I recognize the problem in talking to more than one lady at the time, and I can understand why – because of mixing up things. On the other hand, never bet on one horse (although I would do the same!). That she has not replied can mean a lot of things. Either she’s really busy, or she’s not interested anymore. Sadly, I’ve been ghosted a lot of times and seriously, it hurts more than I like to admit.

I am happy for you you’re chatting her again. Do it your way, that works best.

GMale
    GMale
    Participant
    May 27, 2020 at 1:32 am #234363

Daniel,

I don’t think you can ever mix up women, even if they may look the same. It’s not possible.

justthisonce
    justthisonce
    Participant
    May 31, 2020 at 6:35 pm #234474

Online dating is a waste and most just use it for an attention boost. Real life dating gets more results.