online dating scams, Be Aware

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 4:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

powerfulwords
    powerfulwords
    Participant
    December 26, 2017 at 4:31 pm #161029

Hi everyone,
    So I have always been sceptical of online dating until recently when my friends encouraged me to try it out. I decided to go for it thinking that it would be good to connect to new people with the possibility of developing a genuine relationship. I set up my dating profile and was very excited for this new adventure. I started talking to a guy who seemed loving and caring and genuinely interested in me. We started talking regularly sometimes for a good few hours of the day. Then suddenly he went quite for a few days, not replying to my messages at all. A few days later he messaged me saying that he had been involved in an accident and was badly injured and urgently needed financial help. I had my suspicions so I did a bit of research and found out that it is a very common way used by scammers to target innocent people online. I found out that his profile was fake and everything he said to me was a complete lie. It was devastating and heartbreaking for me.

littledreamyface
    littledreamyface
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 2:36 pm #161535

So sorry to read this! Thanks for letting us know