Opening up to Someone

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Opening up to Someone

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 2:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonxrose
    anonxrose
    Participant
    June 1, 2019 at 10:23 pm #201505
    Opening up to Someone

A while ago, I found out that a guy at my high school had a crush on me. This person is someone that I met at the beginning of the year, and I never once thought we’d ever be involved. I’m confused about my feelings. Some of my friends have been supportive, but others have also told me to be careful because he’s been insensitive and some don’t think he’s the best person. I myself wish so much that out of everyone I don’t like him, but I’m so confused. We’ve been chatting a lot over DM’s, and tonight I accidentally opened up to him. There are only a few people that I’ve ever opened up to like that, and I just can’t come to terms with the fact that it was him. There’s this awful emotion I’m feeling, and I’m not sure what it is; it could be the fear or regret of being vulnerable. It was so embarrassing, and I don’t know how I’m going to confront him again. It’s humiliating just writing this. This whole thing may just be because I’ve never dated before. I’m just really confused. Advice?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 11:08 am #201512

Although you may not believe this right now your teenage years are just a blip on the screen of life.
    Most of your years on the planet will be as an adult.

Trust me there is nothing which happens in high school that a 25 year old, 30, 40yr old or beyond dwells on.
    It’s unfortunate so much of the time in youth is wasted on worrying about what others think of us.

We also tend to lack the ability to see ourselves into the future even the very new future!
    When I was in my junior year I couldn’t imagine myself walking a college campus and living in a dorm.
    And yet that was only slightly (one year) away! As a teenager we ‘believe” all that matters is Right Now!

When we think with that kind of “urgency” it causes us to stress out about things which in hindsight are unimportant.
    Forgive yourself and move on. Even if this guy was the man of your dreams odds are against a happily ever after.
    Dating/relationships as a teen usually end with our (first) heartache. That’s life!

thetigertouch
    thetigertouch
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 11:17 pm #202154

Yep I totally agree