Perspective

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Perspective

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 4:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Gemologist
    Gemologist
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 6:31 pm #168221
    Perspective

Alright, here’s the deal: I’ve got someone I care enough for to ask a bunch of strangers for some perspective. She’s a bit older at 34, has had a bad divorce years ago, and has a kid I haven’t actually met. We worked together last year and while I liked her from the get go we’ve been friends of sorts since I don’t chase people I work with and I’ve no interest in interfering with someone else’s relationship (something she laughed off and praised once her divorce finally came up). We had a couple friendly dates, shared calls or texts, often flirty from both sides, and she straight up told me she considers me good husband and or father material. We also gifted each other including having her burst out in tears (and thanking me) over some flowers I had delivered to her workplace. Thing is, she’s been distant lately. My mother’s sick so no time; work’s a pain so no time; not or barely responding to texts or calls.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Gemologist Gemologist.
    Gemologist
    Gemologist
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 6:35 pm #168222

Essentially, should I go on? How, if so? I don’t believe it’s a case of playing hard to get as much as a case of I’ve built my life and I’m scared to try again. I’ve also probably pissed her off recently by offering to help her resolve some of those work problems; namely suggesting she ditches her current job and one asshole of a boss in favor transferring to where I work at.