Picked up a girl at her house and her dad took a picture of me and my car

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 10:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Solar_flare
    Solar_flare
    Participant
    April 29, 2018 at 2:24 am #171802

i have known this girl for a while and we went out on 2 dates and then on the third date, i was waiting in the car to pick her up and her dad came and knocked on the window signalling me to follow him so i went out and he immediately took a photo with me and my car, he also made sure to get the license plate and me. he also took multiple pics of the car and he left right away. i went to talk to ask him about it and i was trying to introduce myself, i said hi my name is … and I’m reaching to shake his hands and he did shook my hands. he didn’t say a word and he left right away.

To be honest i was creeped out to the max,
    she later told me that he does that with all the guys that came to pick her up.
    but it was kinda scary
    bear in mind, this girl is very pretty. a solid 9 I’d say, i have never been out with a girl that attractive before.
    Anyone care to explain the dad’s behavior? was he worried that i would kidnap her or something like that?

mickey9694
    mickey9694
    Participant
    April 30, 2018 at 4:32 pm #171884

Sounds like a simple case of over-protection to me and there are numerous possibilities as to why he is like that. What does her father do? His profession may lend itself to him being more suspicious (i.e. police officer) than the average father. Has there been anything traumatic in her family, such as stalking or harassment? Another possibility is that the father was raised to be that way by his parents. Or he’s just plain suspicious of others.

Also, you stated that the girl is a solid 9. In all probability, she is probably being sought out by several other guys. The father is probably aware of this and just wants to keep tabs on his daughter.

Don’t make a big deal out of it, just keep it tucked away in the back of your mind for when she actually brings you in for dinner with the family. You’ll know in advance that the father is a suspicious person and know what to say (and what not to say).

Pattt1000
    Pattt1000
    Participant
    April 30, 2018 at 7:56 pm #171889

I wouldn’t worry about it

Solar_flare
    Solar_flare
    Participant
    April 30, 2018 at 8:26 pm #171892

I don’t know whether she has been harassed before, but i believe you’re right. that behavior comes off as dad protection but he caught me off guard and it did freak me out.

TeeDee
    TeeDee
    Participant
    April 30, 2018 at 9:44 pm #171894

First all you were rude to be waiting in your car for her to come out. A gentleman gets out of the car, walks to the door & introduces himself to the girl’s parents. You got part of that right when you tried to shake the dad’s hand. The dad taking pictures was a tad over the top but it was just a modern way of him protecting his little girl.

usernameusername
    usernameusername
    Participant
    May 1, 2018 at 7:57 pm #171982

Sounds like it’s just an overprotective dad. No harm in asking her again if you’re really curious