Picking the Right Woman

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Picking the Right Woman

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2019 at 3:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kayak2133
    kayak2133
    Participant
    December 6, 2018 at 5:26 pm #190649
    Picking the Right Woman

I have been seeing this woman for a month and things have gone well. We have good conversations, there’s attraction, she has a great job and we have some things in common. And, she seems genuinely nice. About three weeks into it, I got a text from a friend wanting to set me up with her girl friend who I have always been interested in – good job, good looks, smart and funny. Me and the first girl agreed to be exclusive before I was to go out for coffee with the second girl. Now I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. What should I do?

daniellesarah16
    daniellesarah16
    Participant
    December 10, 2018 at 12:11 am #190760

If it’s not exclusive yet don’t be shy and weigh your options.

bigheartcoldworld
    bigheartcoldworld
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 8:32 am #190972

Playing the field is one thing but if you specifically told the first girl you were exclusive… what you are doing is not okay.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 3, 2019 at 10:53 am #191864

“I have been seeing this woman for a month and things have gone well.”
    So why are you even considering going out with another woman?
    That is the question you have to answer for yourself.

Some people treat relationships like jobs.
    They won’t leave one unless they have another one lined up.
    Given a (choice) between the two women which one do you really want to be with?
    Are you settling?

If your goal was to “keep your options open” you shouldn’t have agreed to be exclusive.
    Nevertheless this is a common mistake a lot of people make during the “infatuation phase” of a new relationship.
    They either overly emotionally invest or establish a commitment with someone they truly don’t know yet.
    If you believed your girlfriend was “the one” you wouldn’t be considering going out with another woman.

The right thing to do if you want to see other women; break things off with your girlfriend.
    The cowardly option is to cheat on her until you see if the new girl is really into you.

92Guy
    92Guy
    Participant
    January 4, 2019 at 2:41 pm #191927

If you agreed to be exclusive with the first girl, you should probably stick with her.

funkymonkey
    funkymonkey
    Participant
    January 5, 2019 at 10:05 am #191954

If you really liked the first girl, especially enough to be exclusive then you should probably stick with her. Since you’re having doubts though you might not want to pick either. Usually when someone can’t pick between two people, it means they don’t like either of them enough to decide.

fundoc
    fundoc
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 2:13 pm #192077

Sounds like you want to meet the second girl? I saw go for it. Ideally would be good to discuss the exclusivity with the 1st girl. Btw, she might be feeling out her options too. People do it all the time. So keep that in mind. You’re not married yet.

devdo
    devdo
    Participant
    January 9, 2019 at 9:51 am #192189

Based off of the fact that you are considering a meeting with woman #2, it’s obvious that you don’t feel satisfied with woman #1.
    Tell woman #1 that you want to date other people and then meet #2. If she breaks it off with you, don’t worry; there are so many women out there.
    Have fun and stay safe.

Regards..