Please Help: Long Distance Relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 8:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sparky404
    sparky404
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 12:41 am #195953

Alright so I’ll try to keep this short. So my boyfriend and I started dating about 6 months ago. We are both freshmen in college, and we have a lot in common because we are both athletes. We clicked instantly, and we spent almost every weekend together and hung out a lot on campus. The problem is that at Christmas break, he decided to transfer schools. I wasn’t too upset about it at the time because we had only been dating for about two months, so I didn’t expect him to change his plans for me. However, he lives and attends college in Texas now, which is 13 hours away. We FaceTime every day, but lately I’ve been feeling him skip a way a little, which is scary because I love him.

He’s been really busy lately, so I don’t know if it’s because of his schedule or if the distance is causing him to start to lose feelings for me. I don’t know if our relationship will be able to survive the distance. Should we try to make this work or move on before feelings start to get too strong?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 4:54 pm #195971

As freshman you’re probably 18 or 19.
    Move on!

Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary. The goal is to be with the person you love.
    When there is {no light at the end of the tunnel} whereby someone relocates to be with the other, couples drift apart.
    It’s the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one is done with the inconvenience of being in a LDR that keeps it strong!
    It’s unrealistic to expect to make a long distance relationship work for 4-6 years while you both pursue your degrees.

Odds are one of you will make new friends, attend parties/events, pledge, and develop romantic interest on campus.

alx18295
    alx18295
    Participant
    March 6, 2019 at 12:17 pm #196079

Long distance has an ending point. Either moving back to the same place or the relationship ends.

luverboy
    luverboy
    Participant
    March 6, 2019 at 12:50 pm #196082

always have communication!!, once communication is gone love starts to fade & eyes are set on another.