Please help with this guy!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 1:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mia8xxx
    Mia8xxx
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 12:19 pm #230519

Recently I met a guy who I felt I had a great connection with and he admitted he really liked me.

We were living in the same city at the time, so it was easy to see him. Unfortunately, after a few dates, I had to move home for unforeseen reasons and we decided that we could not do a long-distance relationship.

Six months passed before I contacted him again to stay in touch as I was moving back to the city. I asked if he wanted to meet for a drink, thinking that if he had a girlfriend, he would say no and that it was inappropriate.

He did respond and said that he was with someone now but would still like to meet me as long as his girlfriend was ok with it, but he did sound enthusiastic.

What shall I make of his intentions? Does he want to be friends, or does he still like me? We weren’t friends before; we were dating, so him wanting to meet up has confused me! I don’t want to get involved in a love triangle!

Please can you give me your opinion on how he feels?

sarajames
    sarajames
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 9:46 am #230562

Well I can tell you one thing for sure that even after he mentioning that he had a girl and says if she is okay then I do not have a prob, is not a right move from the other side, I think he wants to finish the date which was left earlier, either for a night stand or something that sort. please be watchful in this case. Also you can check the link which I can suggest how to figure out a good trust worthy boy friend. for link please mail me to my address email address

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 4:52 pm #230600

“Six months passed before I contacted him again to {stay in touch}…”
    “I asked if he wanted to meet for a drink…”
    “What shall I make of his intentions? Does he want to be friends, or does he still like me?”
    “We weren’t friends before; we were dating, so him wanting to meet up has confused me!”

Maybe (HE) is the one who is confused!
    You made it sound as if six months passed and you just reached out to “stay in touch”.
    Inviting someone to “meet for a drink” doesn’t exactly imply you want to hookup with him.

Everything you’ve said implied this was going to be a {platonic meeting between two exes}.
    The fact he sought approval from his current girlfriend to meet with you shows he respects her.
    If he were looking to cheat he would have told her he was “meeting a friend” for drinks.

Also remember it was YOU who initiated contact and invited HIM to meet you!
    Maybe HE should be wondering what YOUR intentions are?
    If he meets you and doesn’t flirt or talks about his girlfriend you’ll know (he) has moved on.