Plenty of fish/ghosting

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Plenty of fish/ghosting

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 1:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

clio87
    clio87
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 10:45 am #159673
    Plenty of fish/ghosting

Hi, asking about ghosting, does it happen a lot to people on online dating?
    I’d been speaking to the guy on pof, he was lovely and we were having a nice conversation and getting on well, messages going back and forth for a couple of days, then he suddenly stopped replying I didn’t think much of it but then thought it was a shame as we’d got on well, Today I thought I’d just message him saying hi, figured I’d got nothing to lose and if he didn’t reply fair enough (now I’m thinking I must have come across as desperate, when it was more that I’d liked him and we were getting on well, doesn’t happen every day, so why not see if it could be something?) and not only did he totally ignore me but I realised he’d blocked me!
    Now I do think he needs to grow up, it’s rude and immature. But did I do something wrong? Can’t help but feel a bit upset by it and confused. Knocked my confidence a bit.
    Do people think this happens a lot?
    Ta, clio

bakergirl91
    bakergirl91
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 10:50 pm #159773

Unfortunately ghosting happens a lot with online dating. It also happens when you start to actually date someone too. This just recently happened to me with a guy I was seeing for a few months and he started to ghost me and then it was over in a blink. It’s sort of a jerk way to tell someone your not interesting.

tayriley
    tayriley
    Participant
    December 26, 2017 at 1:52 pm #160959

sorry he ghosted u. ghosting f-cking sucks. the reality is, he probably started dating someone and didnt know how to tell u. he figured he’d keep you on the string in case by not saying anything at all. it’s defintiely a d-ck move. let this guy go. it’s for the best because he is clearly a coward.

SweetLuisa95
    SweetLuisa95
    Participant
    December 26, 2017 at 2:35 pm #161022

ghosting is the only opportunity miserable people with low self-esteem see when they are not interested in in a person because they are not brave enough to just say that they are not interested! I hate this behavior!

powerfulwords
    powerfulwords
    Participant
    December 26, 2017 at 3:49 pm #161027

I’m sorry you had to experience it but don’t let it affect your self esteem and confidence. Its his loss in the end.

teener
    teener
    Participant
    December 27, 2017 at 2:01 am #161032

Let me just say. pof is pretty much known for having catfishes all the time. It’s that guy’s lost anyway

chiefs23
    chiefs23
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 8:39 pm #161081

Yes, ghosting happens all the time in online dating, as well as in real life. Its a weak and immature way of breaking contact but its the sad truth that many people resort to it these days. People usually ghost because they are too afraid or dont know what to say to end a conversation or a relationship. Youre best bet is to not overanalyze it and just move on. I know it sounds like a waste but there arent really any other options.