Polite way to say no after changing pictures

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    September 22, 2019 at 4:05 am #207353

Hello! This is a situation that I regularly find myself in:

I message a girl who has no profile picture. After sending one or two messages back and forth I ask for a picture. How do I respond if I don’t find her attractive? Common advice include:

– Stop sending messages: I really hate this one, as ghosting is one of the most annoying and immature behaviors in dating. One should be man enough to not leave her wondering.
    – Tell her you would not be a good match: This might be ok in some cases, but if she receives this immediately after sending a picture, this is just an obvious lie. Even more so, if we seem to have a connection and mutual interests in those few messages we have already exchanged.

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    September 23, 2019 at 10:35 am #207376

An easier approach would be to stop replying to profiles where there is no picture of the poster. If they don’t post a picture in this day an age where a picture of yourself is so easy to get, there’s something else going on. They are either hiding from someone or several someone else’s or there is the reason you mentioned above. The other side of the coin is, even if they have a picture, who’s to say it is really genuine or even recent.

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 11:22 pm #207730

The only true, accurate, up to date picture of someone is…seeing people “in person”.
    Sometimes people are not photogenic, or people look younger or older than what the picture shows.
    It’s a roll of the dice with pictures.

tstudent
    tstudent
    Participant
    October 3, 2019 at 12:33 am #222888

Well, the dating site that I use (most active site in my country, except tinder) has like one or two new profiles per week in my area. If I only message to profiles which have a picture, that amount drops to about one per month. And of those, the ones that I find attractive… I might as well quit online dating.

About this particular woman that I was chatting with recently: I’m generally attracted to girls who are a little (or even more than little) younger than me. I’m a little below 30, and I’m looking for a girl whose age is between -10 and 0 years compared to mine. This woman was two years older, but she had an interesting profile, so I decided to message her anyway. After exchanging a few messages we seemed to have a lot in common. However, when she sent me a picture, to my liking she looked noticeably older than what I find attractive (kinda expected).

I decided to go with honesty, of course without referring the picture: I’m not romantically interested. Didn’t take it so well.

itsdrey
    itsdrey
    Participant
    October 3, 2019 at 11:04 am #222917

Yea just ignore those people with no pictures. You are wasting your time

TheSugarVenom
    TheSugarVenom
    Participant
    October 4, 2019 at 11:34 am #222955

I would either just stop replying or make up an excuse. It doesn’t sound like you have much invested yet, so it’s best to stop before you do.