Possibly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Possibly

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 12:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SadLonelyGuy0079
    SadLonelyGuy0079
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 9:48 pm #193651
    Possibly

Here my story and why I am seeking some advice. I’ve gone out with this woman twice now and we seem to get along pretty well, have a lot in common with each other. As well as having very similar personalities. My second date with her was the other day. We had a nice lunch together, then went for a nice long walk and having some good conversation. Then when I felt the moment was right I kissed her. After that we continued to walk and talk while holding hands. Everything seem to going rather well. A few pauses in the conversation, but nothing too major or awkward. However, fast forward to us saying goodnight and she just hugs me.. Then I ask about a third date, saying maybe we can do this again next weekend. Unfortunately for me her response is to say possibly. My experience with words like possibly is it’s just a polite way to tell me no. Am I reading her response wrong? Or should I just give up and move on?

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    January 29, 2019 at 10:23 pm #193735

It sounds like you feel that the rug was pulled out from underneath you. I read your post and have a few questions that will help me to provide you with the right feed back.
    1. What is your age?
    2. What is your relationship history?
    3. What is your past experience with the word “possibly” that has conditioned you to expect it to meant no?

I look forward to your responses and providing you with my reflections.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 17, 2019 at 3:52 pm #195090

“Possibly” is a cold distant word with regard to romance and dating.
    If someone were actually “into” you they are not going to use the word “possibly” with regard to going out again.
    Getting a hung at the end of the date is better than getting a “high five”.
    However after having already shared a kiss while on the date a hug would seem like a “red flag” that she’s not into you.

You never stated if SHE kissed you back?
    Was this a dry kiss? Open mouth kiss? Did she seem to enjoy it?
    Was their any flirtation prior to the kiss or afterwards?

Feel free to ask her out and if she says no, move on.
    In fact either way you shouldn’t be putting all your eggs in one basket after only one or two dates!
    The mistake a lot of people make is becoming overly emotionally invested in someone too quickly!
    Keep your options open by {going out with other women} until there has been a meeting of the minds to be exclusive as a couple. In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!