Potential Date Coming

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Potential Date Coming

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 2:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 23, 2019 at 3:07 pm #226965
    Potential Date Coming

About a week ago, I ran into a woman, who I’ve known for a little over 2-3 years, at a bourbon bar (that I never been to) that she works at. We always got along, shared the same interests, and I had an interest when I first met her, but at the time she had a boyfriend. In addition to that, when she moved away a year ago, so did my interest, until recently. She seemed very happy to see me, we talked a little while she worked, said it was just her and her dog, and we hugged at the end of the night. I think she’s single now, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m going back this Saturday to ask her out and I’ll have a wingman with me.

If she says yes when I ask her, she’ll be my second date in over 10 years (don’t ever wait). My first one went very well (with another woman, of course), but it wasn’t going to work out, at that (and even this) time. I may sound like a hypocrite for giving advice to anyone here, but if anyone felt insulted, I’m sorry. But I’m here now and need some advice. Have at it!

DebraStele
    DebraStele
    Participant
    December 24, 2019 at 5:26 am #226966

Fildena 100 treats erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. This increased blood flow can cause an erection. Sildenafil treats PAH by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow easily.

Ronnien
    Ronnien
    Participant
    December 24, 2019 at 8:21 am #226967

Well congratulations if you already got a date else follow these tips below :
    don’t to beat around the bush when it comes to asking someone out. If you do, you’ll confuse the person and could possibly find yourself in the depths of a misunderstanding.

“Don’t be vague with a question such as ‘Want to hang?’ Be specific when asking [them] out,” she says. “For example, ‘Do you have time for dinner Tuesday night?’ It shows that you are interested in them as a person versus just someone to ‘hang’ with.” A date is a date. Be bold about and unapologetic about it.

If you’re asking over text: Pay attention the response
    If you don’t get a definite “Yes,” they aren’t necessarily not into it. If this is the case, pay attention to the way in which they respond. “If they are busy and don’t give you an alternate option, then they aren’t interested. If they are busy but offer an alternate time/day to meet, then they are interested but can’t make the day you suggested.”

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 24, 2019 at 9:00 am #226969

To Ronnien: that’s good advice, and I’ll use what you said. The first woman I asked out was a family friend and I have known her since we were kids. As mentioned earlier, she and her guy have been going through complications, and she had been through a lot this past year with that, so I figure I’d take her out and she can feel like a lady again. She knew that I wasn’t trying to pull anything and I didn’t the whole night, other than pay for dinner and pick her up. So basically, it was a date.

This other girl, who I know but my family doesn’t, will different. She’s a good girl, but at the same time, I don’t want to flub anything up when I ask her out, and, as you said, don’t want there to be some sort of misunderstanding. And you’re right, I don’t want ‘hang’, but rather get to know this person better. I feel more confident than before, and I want to become more clear than what I was. So thank you for this. You have no idea how much this will help me with future dates. Merry Christmas!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 26, 2019 at 1:16 pm #226994

Keep in mind no one is asking you to decide on whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire.
    It’s just a date! Don’t allow yourself to get too riled up about it. She’ll say yes or no.
    Either way life will go on. In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 28, 2019 at 11:31 pm #227026

Okay, I asked tonight, and she said she has a boyfriend, but would want to go out with me as a friend. I was cool with it, and she told me to message her later. I’m gonna wait until Monday. Too long, too short, or just right? Even though this won’t be an intimate meeting, I don’t want to give her the wrong impression because I respect that she is seeing someone right now. So what do you think?