Problem with conversation starting

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 4:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

invisibler
    invisibler
    Participant
    March 26, 2018 at 5:35 pm #168554

Hi guys. Here’s the deal. So, there is this girl I met at a class I’m taking. She isn’t some super hot chick you would instantly want to bang and I really like her as a person. Now, if what I’m seeing is correct, she is interested. We’ve had some small talk already so it’s not like I’ve never spoken to her before. I think that I gave an impression of a positive vibe guy and I think that she doesn’t feel uncomfortable when she’s near me.

This is the main problem. Its starting the conversation, but not in a way that I need that perfect pick up line to approach a girl. Problem is that, in my mind, I’m having this idea that she (or generally any girl) will think something like “What does he wants from me” or something like why should she waste time talking to me. Whenever I’m into conversation its going pretty smoothly, I’m easily directing it the way I want to, but the idea of approaching a girl straight out of nowhere and starting a conversation is giving me such a hard time.

Baxter44
    Baxter44
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 12:04 pm #168785

I would say stop focusing on asking her on a date. Sounds like you get along with her and she dose not brush you off. Just ask if she wants to join you for dinner or something fun whatever you think she may like to do. As far as it becoming something more it may or may not. What is the lose if you like her as a person?

Bjoern1605
    Bjoern1605
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 10:35 pm #168870

Test out what she likes, ask many questions, without seeming too obsessive. Try maybe not going to typical dates, test out what kind of activities she likes.

sjack1023
    sjack1023
    Participant
    March 29, 2018 at 12:04 am #168873

I would say first ask questions and engage discussion about the class like “did you do the reading” follow up with her on it, then gradually start asking questions about stuff outside of class like “did you see such and such current movie” and have follow up responses/questions

invisibler
    invisibler
    Participant
    March 29, 2018 at 5:08 pm #169069

Alright guys, thank you all for giving me your thoughts on this. Imma see how this will work out. I definitely won’t drag this too much and if I see during conversation that she’s interested, I’ll straight tell her how I feel about it. Worst case scenario is that I’ll get rejected by a girl I don’t even see that often. Gonna go manly man with this. If it works out well, I’ll let you all know 😀