Prom with a friend, I would like it to lead to something.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 1:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ZackeroniAnd
    ZackeroniAnd
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 3:15 pm #175196

I am going to two proms with a girl who I have known all the way since elementary school, it’s kind of been our plan for a long time. We have not been in touch the whole time, just here and there we would talk. We’re both really stoked about these two proms. I cannot really tell if she is taking it as a friend-like thing, or a semi-romantic thing. I really do like her, and we have a lot of similarities.

What could I do to hint that I would like this to lead to something? I also don’t want to ruin anything by asking questions.
    Prom is in less than 2 weeks!

– Thanks for reading, any help would be much appreciated.

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 4:15 pm #175212

Wow you really made this one hard hey, not a lot of information to go off, anyways your gonna have to man up and try to date her, better to have tried and failed and get rejected and yes it feels like shit but it still better then to live with what if, and what are you ruining???
    she rejects you you can still be “friends”, it not that hard, you may hate it but you can always put on a fake smile, that is life.
    as for the best chance to try to date her would be at the prom.
    anyways that my advice other will have there opinion on this matter.

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 4:15 pm #175213

Wow you really made this one hard hey, not a lot of information to go off, anyways your gonna have to man up and try to date her, better to have tried and failed and get rejected and yes it feels like shit but it still better then to live with what if, and what are you ruining???

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 4:16 pm #175214

she rejects you you can still be “friends”, it not that hard, you may hate it but you can always put on a fake smile, that is life.
    as for the best chance to try to date her would be at the prom.
    anyways that my advice other will have there opinion on this matter.

ZackeroniAnd
    ZackeroniAnd
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 9:17 pm #175244

Thanks for the tips, what do you think I should say? And should I do it before prom, during the first prom, during the second prom, after both proms? I am just confused on when is best.

– Thanks.

Babayaga80
    Babayaga80
    Participant
    May 29, 2018 at 12:41 pm #175473

You need maybe to give some more details, to give some more detailed advice. But at surface take a deep breath and wait till your at the prom, don’t create a pressure that not there yet, got enough with the prom and plans. I would express what I am feeling at prom when you are alone or when you see a moment that the “situation” wont be interrupted. Your going to prom you got the first step done. Remember have a good time.