REALLY TIRED OF BEING SINGLE

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nickthegreek31
    nickthegreek31
    Participant
    August 27, 2018 at 4:02 pm #182801

My name is Nick, I am a gay man and I’ve been living in London since 2014. I had 2 LTR in my life from 15 till 26 but I’m single since I moved to London. I have tried everything but still nothing. I have been trying online dating for a long time but I had bad experience so I stopped it. I started going to gay meet ups to meet people (easy to speak to people cause I’m friendly, sociable &people instantly like me) but no interest from them most of the times. My desire to make a relationship makes me preject I’m in relationship with men I meet but I don’t even know them well. I’ve started psychotherapy but almost after a year my personal life is still the same. Recurring failures especially from January made me lose my confidence, feel down, lose interest for activities etc. People are always telling me you will find someone when you least expect it but I think is a good idea to start getting used to the idea I’ll be single forever. Any advice would be nice.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 31, 2018 at 2:18 am #183168

People who {enjoy being single} usually end up in relationships. Being happy tends to attract people.
    What others mean about finding love when you least expect it is because one stops making it a “priority”.
    They focus on their career, traveling, going out for the purpose of having FUN, socializing with friends and family.

There’s just as many people who are tired of being married or in relationships. It’s one of the reasons why so many people cheat. “The grass is always greener on the side you water.” – Michelle Obama

As for online dating remember nothing happens until you say “yes”. Online dating sites/apps are a (tool) for meeting (new) people.
    Much like a fork is a tool for eating. It can be used to eat a garden salad or a slice of double fudge chocolate cake.
    However no obese person would ever blame their fork for their weight gain! And yet people with bad online dating experiences will blame the industry for choices THEY made. It’s on you to have a mate selection process.

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    October 14, 2018 at 8:21 pm #187007

I once i asked a friend of mine what their thought was to the idea “you find someone when you least expect it.” Their thought was this. There are so many people, doing so many different things, at different times, at different places, and for different reasons. So, in all of that activity, it is highly possible. They can come from a direction that you were not looking. I met my ex when i was out at the bar with my friends. I did not go to the bar with the purpose of looking for a bf. I did not want a bf from a bar. My friends asked him to come over and sit next to me. We talked and exchanged phone numbers and he became my bf. He is my ex now. He was my bf for 14 years. We broke up 4 years ago. I live in the United States. If you lived here, i interested in talking. I am single too.