Relationship help after 2 yrs

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 5:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Camaro8282
    Camaro8282
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 12:07 pm #180368

I needed some advise so I figured this would he the best place to post Haha. So I’ve been dating this girl for a little over 2 yrs we live together, recently she got a new job and had to go to training for 3 months which ducked. Anyway while she was away she kept telling me this guy was hitting on her, that stuff happens I understand. But then we started arguing as time progressed while she was away. She would tell me she had to go to bed at 8 because she had to be up early for training and later on I found out she gave this guy her number and was texting him till 3am. I got angry about it and we broke up she moved out and about a week later she started hanging out with this guy that was hitting on her originally. They booked hotels, made a trip to Niagara falls, she drove 6 hrs to see him over the weekends and one day I called her because she had all this mail come to my house from her new employer. She came to pick it up and proceeded to tell me how much she has missed me

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 2:39 pm #180378

And the question is???

Each of us chooses our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Each of us has our own mate selection/screening process and “must haves list”.
    Each of us has our own boundaries and “deal breakers”.

Not everyone considers being lied to and cheated on to be “deal breakers”.
    Some people also believe the ultimate romantic story is when a couple breaks up and gets back together.

I’m not a fan of “yo-yo relationships” especially if I gave my best and it wasn’t good enough the first time around.
    Unless one or both of you have made MAJOR changes in your personality and life there’s no point in getting back together.
    If there are no changes it would be the equivalent of going to see the same movie twice and expecting a different ending!

The fact you’re keeping track of the hoops she jumped through to be with the other guy tells me she didn’t do the same for you. She saw you as Mr. Right Now not Mr. Right! “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Camaro8282
    Camaro8282
    Participant
    July 27, 2018 at 4:10 pm #180370

And she wanted me back. Also she just came from this guys place that weekend right to my house after they slept with each other. Usually I’m the one who would say bye have a good life, I love her I do but Ice been hanging out with her for about. A month now again and I can’t stop thinking about everything she has done and terrified she would do it again.