reply on site not by text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 4:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

scotty
    scotty
    Participant
    January 26, 2020 at 11:15 pm #228424

A guy i have chatted with online (not met in person) gave me his number.
    I texted him today with my number attached to it. I also left a message on the site informing him i left a text. (i notice other guys do that too sometimes)
    He replied back (on the site, no text) stating he received the text and today was a busy day and heading to bed.

What does that mean ? Why would someone take the time to go out on the site to reply back, and not just text me that message ?

bigdj4uk
    bigdj4uk
    Participant
    January 27, 2020 at 7:42 am #228429

Um maybe he’s just acting busy or doesn’t want you as bad as the other people he’s talking to (or doing more with) lol

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 27, 2020 at 10:41 am #228446

“I texted him today with my number attached to it. I also left a message on the site informing him i left a text.”
    “Why would someone take the time to go out on the site to reply back, and not just text me that message ?”

Being “old school” I’ve wondered why people choose to {start relationships via text} instead calling someone?

There are three possible reasons why this happens:

1. Fear of rejection or awkwardness.
    2. They have no desire to engage in a live personal way. (We text those we don’t want to talk to.)
    3. They really are super busy but want to take a few seconds to acknowledge they had you in their thoughts.

Based upon your statements of {texting him AND leaving a message on the site} about your text..
    I would say he responded to you via the site to (confirm he got the text) and to get you to STOP reaching out via text.

For him to {text you back} it would’ve given you the idea {it’s ok to communicate with him “offline”.}
    He used the site as a “buffer” to avoid Direct Contact via his personal cell phone.

scotty
    scotty
    Participant
    January 27, 2020 at 2:51 pm #228476

Question…

Saturday the 25th…he gave me his number
    Sunday the 26th…i texted him with a “hello” message and indicated who i am. (my very first text to him)
    Sunday evening…he replies on the website acknowledging he received my text

Gives out his number and then wants to avoid direct contact & get me to stop reaching out via text ????

* Seems like a mutually exclusive concept