Restoring the Credibility of Intergenerational Courtships

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Restoring the Credibility of Intergenerational Courtships

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 7:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    September 24, 2019 at 12:14 pm #207463
    Reply To: Restoring the Credibility of Intergenerational Courtships

Matter of fact much if not all of what you said I have already pondered and considered. There is risk for both people in this deal and that is what they both need to understand and agree to.

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    September 25, 2019 at 11:56 am #207497

There is a great show on Netflix called Age{GAP}Love which follows couples from Britain and the US that have quite large differences in age. I can identify so much with many of their experiences, concerns, and justifications as well as the stigma, hate, and misunderstanding they have to deal with from both family members and the community. It’s nice to know that I am not alone in this endeavor.

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    October 2, 2019 at 11:47 am #218886

While I do believe in and promote intergenerational relationships, I do not advocate this; in my view this is not a good idea: Sugar Daddy sites to raise money for her lifestyle, legit or not

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    October 6, 2019 at 4:47 pm #222993

One of the biggest hurdles when discussing relationships is they always assume I am looking for someone my age; even when they try to hook me up it is with someone who is right about where I am. So what I do now is whenever my relationship issues arise I always start by asking them how they fell about intergenerational dating? Their reactions can provide an immediate sense of whether they can help or even if they understand that each person’s situation is unique.

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm #223327

I came across a GREAT piece where an Oregon woman who got fed up with the rat race decided to become a housewife and she has never been happier. She place enormous value on having the house in pristine shape, leaving her husband to worry about income (he works long hours). She also is looking forward to having 4 children. That is one of the BEST things about a relationship/marriage with an older man: financial security. She won’t have to worry about earning a significant amount of the money because he is and has already done that. She can stay at home and do what she does best: taking care of her family and even to some extent the community.

1 2