Hayley MatthewsDatingAdvice.comJuly 7, 2020 at 1:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:
Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access
What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!February 4, 2019 at 7:36 am #194082
Hello. Sorry if I have many grammar spelling mistakes, i’m not a native english speaker. Hope you could help. Saturday i met a guy online (he is from another city). He approached me, and we had a lovely conversations. I felt a real connection with him (i have been talking with other guys online, but it was dull), he seemed to be on the same page as i was. The next day he didn’t write, so i sent him an emoticon and then we talked. he gave me another social media account on wich he said he enters more often. we started talking there. I was in a long time relationship and now i don’t really know how to talk with guys. And i was kind of awkward, and the conversation was awkward. and it ended awkward. And i’m really sorry cause i really liked this guy, you know? Help me out please. What should i do next?
Wait for him to text? Foget about him, and learn from this mistake? Help 🙂
LewisParticipantFebruary 4, 2019 at 8:52 am #194099
Continue talking to him , if he feels any connection between you both he will also try to reach out to you.
A relationship is a two way street hunnyFebruary 4, 2019 at 8:58 am #194101
Well i write to him first one time. Don’t i seem too clingy? I just wish for another chance and show him i’m not that awkward person i was yesterday…without him thinking i’m a psycho
JsonRoY01ParticipantFebruary 7, 2019 at 4:03 am #194334
You can also try hookup, it is one of the most trustworthy and famous dating sites in USA.
GJParticipantFebruary 7, 2019 at 8:30 am #194343
Thank you for sharing your experience. I can understand how vulnerable you must feel coming out of a long time relationship and entering back into the world of dating. I will be very happy to assist you, but I need some additional information to provide you the correct advice. Kindly answer the following:
1. What is your age?
2. Why do you think your last long term relationship ended?
3 What was your relationship history before the last long term relationship?
4. How do you feel starting to go online and connecting to new men?
I look forward to your replies and giving you my feedback
CowboyParticipantFebruary 7, 2019 at 1:07 pm #194391
I agree with Lewis. Relationships are 2 way streets. You message him…he needs to reciprocate. Also don’t be afraid that being awkward is a bad thing…you’re most likely nervous and that is natural. It’s those butterflies doing that. Getting back on the horse takes a little time.February 7, 2019 at 2:28 pm #194397
– i’m 24
– it was kind of a toxic relation. I didn’t feeled valued and he always tried to make me feel like i’m wrong amd not good enough. Also we had different visions on life. He always wanted to have fun and that was everything. And i was focusing on my career and school and he was very jealous.
– it was my first serious relation. Before that i was always getting bored quick and lose interest on every guy
– now i’m not looking for a new relation. I just want to meet new people. For a couple of months i want to be free. But this guy… we just clicked
GJParticipantFebruary 7, 2019 at 9:08 pm #194449
Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry that your first serious relationship was so painful and abusive. It too sounded very awkward for you. Since this was your first and only serious relationship it is important to help you separate old feelings from new feelings. So kindly explore the following with me so I can continue to help you.
1. What career path have you been working on?
2. how long were you in that toxic relationship? From what age to what age?
3. what would the toxic boyfriend do an say that made you feel wrong and not good enough?
4. What were you feeling and thinking that you experienced your recent contact as awkward?
5. Was your communication by messaging or texting on social media or by phone?
I look forward to your reply and will continue to provide you my assistance.
GJFebruary 8, 2019 at 12:38 am #194457
– property evaluation
– 4 years from 19 or 20 until a month ago
– he would tell me that i waste my life because i’m studying and not party all the time; if i made a joke, he would tell me that i have lame jokes, that i gained weight( i’m pregnant or what?! Why do i have such a belly), that when we started dating i was a lot thinner ( and let me tell you, he wasn’t some 6 pack dude, but it never bothered me that and i never mentioned it or did anything to make him feel bad about the way he looked). He would tell me that he earnthe same money , although i did all this courses and i went to university etc. I tried to explain that i am happy with my salary and that now i’mlearning still. And all this comments came during time. In the first year he was really sweet with me and said and done all the right things. And then slowly he started making comments. We would fight, but then i forgave him, cause i thought it was just a bad time and he used to be this caring person andFebruary 8, 2019 at 12:41 am #194458
And find excuses for the way he treated me, until i started to believe he was right and i was everything he said i was. I knew it wasn’t right the way he treated me, but i thought if i look that bad and i am that stiupid who would love me.
4. Well i said some lame stuff, like really stupid questions and didn’t really knew what to say so i just talked without thinking. Not an important subject. B
5. Social media
doesntmatterParticipantMarch 17, 2019 at 2:22 pm #196914
He’s doing to you what women do to men over and over again. What makes you think you’re so special that he should write back to you? Men spend thousands of dollars paying for dinners, buying gifts, and hours and hours to show women that they care for them, only to have the woman snap her fingers at any time she feels like and dump the man like yesterday’s garbage. Welcome to the new era, don’t worry, it will only get worse.
Top 10 Best Sites
Looking for a dating site you can trust? Search no more.