She agreed to a date(called) but ignored my text about the details

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 8:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SkySector
    SkySector
    Participant
    January 1, 2019 at 1:52 pm #191797

A girl i used to know and like randomly messaged me 3 weeks ago, and i asked her if she wanted to hang out after exams,she said yes so i said we’d talk after the exams finished.

2 weeks later i called her an she said yes she’d go on a date with me. But atm i didn’t have details as in what day because we were both busy atm due to Christmas etc.. So she said we’d talk after and set it up

Week later i message a date plan but she ignores it, 1 day later i call and she says she’s busy by her family and that she would contact me later. I said ok np.

Following day she doesn’t call or message , now last night she messages me happy new year , so i message back but she ignores it again, should I contact her asking about the date? Or should i wait to see if she reaches back to me.

Right now i can’t tell if shes playing me or just really busy..

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 1, 2019 at 9:54 pm #191801

Keep your options open by pursuing other women!

“she says she’s busy by her family and that she would contact me later.”
    “Following day she doesn’t call or message…”

If someone wants to be with you they will make it happen.
    Truth is if this girl were “into you” she would not have ignored your texts regarding finalizing details.

The beginning of most (new relationships) is usually a fun exciting time filled with romance and laughter.
    What you’re experiencing is way too much work just to have a {first date}.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 7:47 pm #191986

I would back off and not initiate any more contact. Let her come to you. You are showing more interest than she is. Play a little hard to get. Let her suggest the plans for the date (time and place). Until then, stay silent and look for other dates with other people.

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 8:16 am #191966

I had a girl agree to go out with me, text back and forth about it for two weeks, and we NEVER DID. It happens.
    I’d leave it. If she wants to go out you will. Maybe it’s just me but there’s something undignified about having to keep going back to her. Be somewhat aloof about it, like it’s not your whole world.