She becomes avoidant everytime we talked about meeting up-What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 10:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

watdahellidk
    watdahellidk
    Participant
    August 14, 2019 at 3:25 am #205382

I met someone online.Because of her difficult past she doesn’t want to talk on the phone.I had suspected that she might’ve been a catfishing me but I’ve done Google reverse image on her and a few background checks, she’s legit no doubt but doesn’t want to because she has a rule for herself when it comes to meeting people online.From the beginning of the relationship she made it pretty clear that the rule is that only text, when we meet up then we can call and video chat and if we’re compatible then we’ll be together.We’ve been talking for the past 4 months now. We text each other everyday and it was great. We plan things on what we will do and she’s very enthusiast about that.Lately alot of big changes are going on in her life and last month I brought up the topic when we will be able and her excuse is always “when its time” until she told me I may have been pressuring her and its too soon to talk about it.I’ve gotten frustrated and scared that I may never have the chance to meet her.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by watdahellidk watdahellidk.
    rollingeyes
    rollingeyes
    Participant
    August 15, 2019 at 8:45 am #205463

I think the golden rule about any sort of relationship whatsoever is that one must respect it’s boundaries. If she said, from the beginning, that it would be a text-only relationship until she felt comfortable to meet, that’s what is it and there’s no changing that beyond respecting her limits and also your own. If you need things to go ahead, than I’d suggest you to make that clear without hurting her feelings while also respecting that she might not be ready to take that step. Answer: talk to her, but don’t scare her. It’s not much of a help, but we can’t change people. If she likes you enough, she’ll come around and you guys will eventually meet.

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    August 15, 2019 at 6:43 pm #205549

Why are you wasting your time on a flaky woman? Seriously. Move on to someone who is ready for a relationship if that;s what you really want.

jfes1688
    jfes1688
    Participant
    August 16, 2019 at 10:49 pm #205592

From your description it sounds like she just wants a pen-pal, usually after you’ve been texting someone for 4 months they’re eager to meet.

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    August 24, 2019 at 12:39 am #206097

“Lately alot of big changes are going on in her life and last month I brought up the topic when we will be able and her excuse is always “when its time”

Did she say what those big changes are ?
    It’s possible she is already in a relationship & is waiting to see how things work out with it.

After 4 months of texting ONLY, i would move on. My suggestion is to talk to other people. She is wasting your time.
    After 4 months, most people by that point have already texted, talked, met in person, had more than 16 dates, and had sex by that point !

• This reply was modified 2 days, 5 hours ago by frankt frankt.
    richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 24, 2019 at 12:02 pm #206104

this is NOT a relationship. you’ve never met and there are no plans to meet – this is NOT a relationship.
    it sounds like you’ve been pushing from the start and she’s been trying to give you clues and signs that she’s not interested – but you aren’t getting them. And she’s one of those that just doesn’t have the heart to tell you so….

I’d drop this one and find somebody else, and NOT online.