She burst into tears when I asked her out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 4:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Marshland
    Marshland
    Participant
    February 11, 2020 at 6:53 pm #229460

Long story short, we had been friends for months, then slowly started to get slightly romantic. I am very measured and keep my emotions buried and to myself, so naturally she didn’t see the reciprocation from my side and accepted a proposal from another man – this guy was and is abusive and I’ve had to comfort her through tears while still having to feign that we’re just ‘friends’.

In a spur of the moment, I asked her out this evening and she burst into tears – berated me for not asking her sooner (said that she would have said yes), said that she can’t cheat on the new guy, and needs time off from both of us.

What should I do? Radio silence while she fixes herself up? Or some constant check-ins?

Please help. 🙁

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 1:04 pm #229533

“..this guy was and is abusive and I’ve had to comfort her through tears..”
    “..said that she can’t cheat on the new guy, and needs time off from both of us.”

I call B.S.!

If two people really want to be together they will make it happen!
    Clearly anyone who feels the need to be {loyal to an abusive mate} believes they’re “in love”.
    We are always where we (choose) to be. No one is “stuck” with anyone! Suffering is optional.

In the future don’t allow your fear of rejection to keep you from pursuing a girl.
    That’s how so many “nice guys” end up in the “friend zone”.
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine. Go where you’re appreciated and not tolerated.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

I would move on. You’ve expressed your interest and she knows how to reach you.

Best wishes!

Chad
    Chad
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm #229550

Thanks for sharing. Pursue other women but, I’d keep her on the back burner and see how you feel in terms of checking in. I am not sure I would completely forget about her considering that the interest appeared to be mutual. Sure it’s good to have an abundance mindset and believe there are other fish in the sea and that someone will be 100% interested but realistically, you also don’t want to waste something you worked on that may still have yet untapped potential …