She gave me her email instead of number

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 4:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    February 5, 2020 at 10:54 am #229033

So there’s this girl in school I think I’m interested in. I already made a mistake a months ago by trying to add her on IG and FB at the same time(On both times I saw my request was rejected..maybe she thought I was stalking? tho I really wasnt, I just happened to also see her on my suggestions list on FB in addition to IG).

Anyways in school recently we had a casual convo for a group project, she was friendly/humorous,etc and by the end I asked for her whatsapp number to contact her for the project but she refused by claiming that she doesn’t use her phone much (which is a lie coz she uses IG, fb, etc) and that instead I should contact her through her school email (and even then she qualified that I should only send an email if its something extremely urgent). Obviously I cant “ask her out” in a school-controlled email system.

Is this a sign of outright disinterest on her part or should I try to get to know her more until she ends up being comfortable giving me her number?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 5, 2020 at 11:28 am #229038

“I already made a mistake a months ago by trying to add her on IG and FB…”
    “I saw my request was rejected..”
    “I asked for her whatsapp number to contact her for the project but she refused ..”
    “..I should only send an email if its something extremely urgent.”

{“Is this a sign of outright disinterest on her part…”}

Hmmm Rey, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say: Hell Yes! She’s NOT Interested in YOU!

In this posting alone you mentioned being REJECTED on THREE social media accounts( IG, FB, WhatsApp)
    She would only give you her {school email} and even then she told you Not to Contact Her unless it’s Urgent!

Forget about trying to do an end-run by becoming her “friend” .
    At best you’ll end up in “the friend zone” but most likely she’ll know what you’re up to.

Love yourself enough to go where you’re (appreciated) and not tolerated.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Move on!

Best wishes!

Grimlokk
    Grimlokk
    Participant
    February 7, 2020 at 5:45 am #229224

Depends on the person. Some people actually prefer email over text. Personally, I mostly use Facebook for keeping in touch with friends.

weareacouple
    weareacouple
    Participant
    February 7, 2020 at 5:20 pm #229319

we feel that either are fine however maybe a little saver.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 4:47 pm #229556

Thanks. Yea, I’m not sure on pursuing her. It seems like outright disinterest, even though today she said hi to me when we crossed paths (maybe just being polite?).

elman123
    elman123
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 10:14 pm #229731

I wouldn’t say she sounds interested if she’s given email over phone but girls can be IMPOSSIBLE to read…I wouldn’t pursue it personally. But you could try talk to her if you wanted to see or get some clarification.

Ander
    Ander
    Participant
    February 17, 2020 at 10:05 am #229785

I think that this really depends on the person… It is hard to say without more details!

gregfrazier043
    gregfrazier043
    Participant
    February 17, 2020 at 11:06 am #229797

Yes, it all depends on the person. But when it is indicated that she refused him at the stage in FB, then what is it about? She’s just not interested in him.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 17, 2020 at 11:44 am #229798

Grimlokk, weareacouple, Ander, and grefrazier043 and anyone else who believes “it depends”.

You’re overlooking the fact not only did she give him her (school email)

NOTE: She didn’t even give him {her personal email}.
    For a student this is the equivalent of a woman giving a guy her {work email} instead of her personal/social email.

However the biggest RED FLAG is below

{She stipulated: “..only send an email if its something extremely urgent.”}

Anyone who tells you NOT to contact them unless it’s URGENT is not romantically interested in YOU!
    In fact I would wager to say they’re not even interested in being your “friend”.

Sachi
    Sachi
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm #230528
    Reply To: She gave me her email instead of number

I think she is not interested in you. When girls are not interested in someone they always act like this.

reykill
    reykill
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 10:17 pm #230549

That’s weird

rebelx0024
    rebelx0024
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 5:23 pm #230603

Yeah, she might not be worth pursuing, given all available evidence. Not sure her interest is there.

Drmzed
    Drmzed
    Participant
    February 28, 2020 at 4:28 am #230625

Best thing talk to other girls. Try not making her the centre of your attention.

isabella49
    isabella49
    Participant
    February 29, 2020 at 2:41 pm #230652

I don’t think she is interested. If a girl wants to talk to you, she will give you her phone number – as it’s more personal. Find a girl worthy of your attention 🙂

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    March 4, 2020 at 1:40 pm #230847

Y’all are probably right. Even tho she’s friendly face-to-face, its weird she doesn’t want to maintain social media contact with me other than “urgent” school emails (She’s not like this with everyone else, she even added a new classmate on her IG and FB but yet not me). Besides, I recently heard from her best friend that she’s started dating another guy. I should probably move on.

1 2