She just broke up with her boyfriend. How should i go and make a move?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 7:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 6:43 pm #167015

This girl used to like me back in 9th grade. Being immature and stupid, even though i realized i never actually asked her out.

We would always talk with friends, stare and glance back and forth each other 24/7, she would touch me all the time (in a normal way). It was clear she liked me but was too stupid to notice.

Either way, at the end of that year she started dating an older guy & i moved on.

Fast fowards to today, were both seniors in high school. We drifted apart in the two years since 9th grade, but we really reconnected this year. She sort of joined my friend group with a few others so we talk a lot and hang out together and everything.

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 6:43 pm #167016

A month ago, she broke up with her boyfriend. She decided to break up because dating that guy was all she had ever known. She wanted something different.

I still feel the natural chemistry between us & i think maybe something could happen.

We see each other a lot, but we only have one class together. Its pretty much just the two of us. The whole time we joke around and we partner up for most of it, & have a fun time. I make her laught all the time and she always smiles at me.

There will be times where we laugh togeher or she hands me something and our hands touch for a second too long where i think she may be feeling it too.

she’s not much of a texter so we only really talk at school. According to mutual friends, she has completely cut contact with her ex but its still a bit of a sore subject for her.

MarcusWilson11
    MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 6:44 pm #167017

Also i really want to take her to prom. I think that would be a good way to lead into dating but its still a while away.

Alternatively i might just tell her that she’s beautiful and I’ve liked her since eigth grade and ask if she wants to hang out sometime. I like and im pursuing other girls right now of course but i really need some thoughts on this.

Either way, is there’s any sort of chance and how could i make a move without starting any drama or messing up our friendship. Does it sound like i have a chance here?

Thoth0
    Thoth0
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 10:50 pm #167078

I feel your pain man. Even though it might be hard you should just go right up to her tell her everything, mention prom, and tell her that you dont need an answer right away. Dont be put down if she turns you down for what ever reason. Just tell her that you understand and that if she needs anything in the future you will be happy to help. Now if you manage to get the girl after talking to her dont rush and take things one step at a time as they occur.