She slept with someone else while we were dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 1:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HORS
    HORS
    Participant
    April 1, 2018 at 11:50 am #169251

I have been seeing my girlfriend for about 10 months. At the start I took her out on two dates and then for a week or so she stopped texting me, then came back out of the blue. We went out on a third date and then progressed through to our current relationship. I just found out that after she met me she went out on a girls night out and met someone else. She went on several dates with him and ended up sleeping with him. She states this was a mistake, that she wishes it hadn’t happened. Our relationship was fine up until this discovery but this has upset me and caused me to think about whether we should continue even though I love her.

angellmia
    angellmia
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 4:05 pm #169364

I think in this certain situation since, i’m assuming, this happened when you two weren’t at a serious point in the relationship, then maybe understand the side she’s coming from and the fact that she wished it never happened. Personally, I would continue on dating but only once I’m positive that she regrets it and it won’t happen again.

If this was at the stage of the relationship where it may be serious or she’s aware of the feelings she has towards you, then I wouldn’t think twice about not bothering with her.

Ractii_7
    Ractii_7
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 3:25 pm #169600

^

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 5, 2018 at 2:22 pm #169714

You said: “At the start I took her out on two dates and then for a week or so she stopped texting me, then came back out of the blue. We went out on a third date and then progressed through to our current relationship.”
    Lets be honest here (two dates) does not make for being in an “exclusive relationship” or a commitment of any kind.
    Unless you both had agreed that you were in an exclusive relationship both of you were within your rights to continuing searching fro Mr./Ms. Right.
    Two dates amounts to “casual dating”. You said after the third date your relationship “progressed” to your current relationship.
    You said she (regrets) having had sex with the guy and you also stated you (love) her.
    So the question is are you going to dump someone you “love” for dating and having sex with a guy when you weren’t in an exclusive relationship?
    A jealous person is someone who counts another person’s blessings. She dated 2 guys while single.
    Ultimately you ended up with “the girl”. You won!

Robert11
    Robert11
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 1:09 am #169768

If you two were together yet… Let it go

nancy_rowlet
    nancy_rowlet
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 2:41 am #169771

She was only worth a fling, I feel sorry for you

TupTup98
    TupTup98