She's back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

She's back

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daddyo5571
    daddyo5571
    Participant
    November 5, 2018 at 3:31 pm #188752
    She's back

So a little less the a year ago , i started dating a woman things got serious real quick so about the 3rd month into the relationship she just suddenly breaks it off . I find out that she started to date another guy like a week after our break up shortly after that her son who i was close with commits suicide for no known reason. so i have had no contact with her for the last 8 months and now its coming up to her dead son’s birthday and she contacts wanting to meet up So i did since it was friday night and i had nothing better to do . so after a couple of beers she starts telling me how wrong she was for leaving me how guilty she felt and how she wish she never did it and she is having this big celebration for her son’s birthday and she wants me to go. So here is the Question to all of you.. Do you think she got ahold of me out of guilt of the break up or because she feels it would easy the pain of her lost son because she believes that our breakup was part of the reason for his death?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 5, 2018 at 5:44 pm #188772

Things didn’t work out for her with the new guy she dumped you for.

She reached out to you because it’s like putting on an old pair of slippers.
    For a lot of people eats easier to get back with an ex than to go it alone while seeking a new mate.
    If you’re the same person you were when she dumped you how could you feel secure she wouldn’t do it again?

The only valid reasons for getting back with an ex is because:

1. You honestly believe they are “the one”.
    2. One or both of you have “changed” dramatically.
    3. Circumstances have changed in which old issues/problems are no longer present.

Ultimately it’s not just about (her) but rather what YOU want.
    In order to get back to being serious she will to understand she has EARN your trust over time.
    Admitting she was wrong is just the first step.