She’s not ready for a relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 9:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ncpeter12
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 6:53 am #175118

About 3 months ago, i met this girl at a party and we hit it off. I got her number and she has been texting me each day since. We’ve gone on 5 dates in this past month, and each time we’re together i can tell that she is extremely into me, holding hands, lots of kissing, even mentioning things we can do in the future. She has also recently introduced me to a few of her close friends. However, i have noticed that the days after our dates she will become a little cold and distant, which unfortunately made me start to act a little needy and start to rush things into a relationship. I also find out 5 months ago she ended her long term relationship with her ex.

So last week we were hanging out, i ask her to be my gf, and she says yes. The next morning a get a long text about how shes not ready and the timing isnt right. I told her i understand and that we shouldnt be talking until she figures her stuff out. Anyone have any experience/advice on this situation. Could things ever work out

Novblues96
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 11:03 am #175148

Hi, I’m new to this forum but I’ll try to give my best piece of advice:

I think she may be torn between her feelings for you and perhaps a fear to be vulnerable to someone again. She definitely enjoys your company and values you (she introduced you to some of her close friends) but depending on how her past relationship ended (and why), 5 months may not be enough to completely move past it.

She might be feeling a bit thrown off because she’s feeling this rush of emotions and thrill again, and may not want to get caught up in the moment and make decisions that she may regret afterwards, specially if she’s considerate about you as well. I think the main call is on you though.
    You have to decide wether you are willing to give her a bit of time, and space, to figure things out, or let it go. Scan your own disposition towards it: if you like her and see potential in a relationship with her, perhaps let things breathe for a while and support her.

Don’t overthink things also 🙂

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 5:30 pm #175240

I do have experience, in other worlds your boned, pardon my French, she like You but not that much, something happened And the attraction is gone. a girl like this has the Hot For You is really nice I know alot about it, some are as cold as fish And other hot in relationship, meaning they Kiss You, laugh when You look at them, Kiss in public, this is not about time, 5 Months is enough, You Cannot wait years For her, she was having fun with You, thought she liked You but changed her mind, (the hear For her has work off) so time to back off, find someone else And let her sort herself out, women always Want a guy Who another girl has, so stay in touch, as your next relationship May fail as well, keep her in touch as a backup, if You Want to improve your chance get a little More fit For when she see next time, should take You 1 month or 3 months. Exercised 3 time a week at the gym.
    Or something different, anyways getting fit work with women but not bulked.
    Good luck.

foxethan
    foxethan
    Participant
    May 25, 2018 at 4:16 am #175245

I agree of what you said… just dont over think about it!.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by foxethan foxethan.