Should I believe him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I believe him?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 9:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kjones87654321
    kjones87654321
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 10:35 pm #192915
    Should I believe him?

I’m involved with a guy who said he’s been separated for a couple years and doesn’t keep in touch with his ex-wife. I believed him because I see him almost every night, we get along great, and he tells me he loves me and wants to be with me, but I found out a few days ago that she’s been posting pictures of them together on Facebook (recent pictures).

When I asked him about it, he said everything he told me is true, but he didn’t offer an explanation for the pictures, and hasn’t contacted me since.

Should I take his silence as an indication that he was lying to me about their relationship status, or is there a chance he has been honest and is feeling hurt that I assumed the worst?

I appreciate any thoughts or insight.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 18, 2019 at 4:16 am #192939

“I found out a few days ago that she’s been posting pictures of them together on Facebook (recent pictures).”
    Not sure what more evidence do you need. If you can’t trust your own eyes it’s because you don’t want to see the truth.

The real question is: Should you believe your own eyes? your gut instincts?
    Another question: Is it really a “deal breaker” if he and his ex-wife remain friends?
    You didn’t mention whether or not they have children together.

Last but not least {you intentionally went looking for evidence on Facebook}.
    This would indicate you don’t trust the guy. Why would you want to be with a man you don’t trust?

Instead of trying to “figure out” a guy find one who puts all of their cards on the table.
    Ignoring “red flags” or seeing only what you want to see or believing what you want to believe usually leads to heartache.
    If something doesn’t feel right to you then it’s probably not right for you. (Trust yourself!)

Silence usually means one is done.

Bernie1990
    Bernie1990
    Participant
    January 22, 2019 at 8:50 am #193036

Hi yea sorry to hear that! it does sound like he’s not being totally honest with you. As you say you’ve seen the two of them in photos recently and unless they’ve remained good friends since suppose that could be an explanation? But I doubt that because you say he didn’t answer about the photos so that show’s he’s hiding something. I hope you hear back from him as you deserve the truth at least! 🙂

Do u mind answering my question i’ve posted I’d really appreciate it! As no one on here has answered me lol

arethena
    arethena
    Participant
    January 27, 2019 at 12:12 am #193525

I don’t see anything wrong with keeping contact with an ex, however if he told you that he hasn’t seen her and yet there’s pictures of them together, something’s really fishy. If he didn’t give you an explanation for the pictures, then he knows that he’s caught. There’s like 7.5 billion people, you can do better than settle for someone who didn’t give you an explanation as to why he’s in a picture with his ex-wife.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    January 27, 2019 at 7:13 am #193529

Trust is an essential ingredient for any healthy relationship. I am sorry to read about your struggle to trust the man you have been in a relationship with. One thing that I have learned is not to jump to conclusions too fast. If you follow look for the hidden clues and facts the reality, the truth will set you free. Kindly answer the following so I can provide you with relevant feed back:
    1. How did you know that this man’s ex was posting recent pictures of her and her ex on Facebook?
    2. When you tried to explore with him about the pictures how did the tone of his voice and body language make you feel?
    3. Is there any chance that his ex used photo shop or any other software program to create these images?
    4. If you do thing she created these pictures where did she get the recent pictures of him?
    5. Besides the picture incident were there any other concerns that you already had about being able to trust him?
    I look forward to your responses. Hang in there!

carajane
    carajane
    Participant
    February 4, 2019 at 8:21 am #194084

Have you seen the pictures, yourself? If there are pictures and he didn’t offer any explantion i say he is either back with her, or they didn’t split.

mansome2242
    mansome2242
    Participant
    February 5, 2019 at 11:42 pm #194241

Try to make him feel needed

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 7, 2019 at 10:07 am #194369

Hello hello. Where are you?

Trust is an essential ingredient for any healthy relationship. I am sorry to read about your struggle to trust the man you have been in a relationship with. One thing that I have learned is not to jump to conclusions too fast. If you follow look for the hidden clues and facts the reality, the truth will set you free. Kindly answer the following so I can provide you with relevant feed back:
    1. How did you know that this man’s ex was posting recent pictures of her and her ex on Facebook?
    2. When you tried to explore with him about the pictures how did the tone of his voice and body language make you feel?
    3. Is there any chance that his ex used photo shop or any other software program to create these images?
    4. If you do thing she created these pictures where did she get the recent pictures of him?
    5. Besides the picture incident were there any other concerns that you already had about being able to trust him?
    I look forward to your responses. Hang in there!