Should I continue this relationship?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I continue this relationship?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Zangetsu
    Zangetsu
    Participant
    April 22, 2016 at 10:00 am #98456
    Reply To: Should I continue this relationship?

My main issue is that I am weirded out by the idea of older guys going after HS girls and I don’t want to be lumped into the same category as people like that.

kuzyaburst
    kuzyaburst
    Participant
    April 22, 2016 at 11:25 pm #98575

You should be fine if you guys already have a pretty good relationship going, I have a friend who’s a freshmen in college right now and is dating a senior at my high school. He just tries to put a little more effort in spending time with her.

marioa51
    marioa51
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 2:22 am #98581

just do what you feel is right. Honestly, i think you should stay in the relationship if it makes you happy

Zangetsu
    Zangetsu
    Participant
    April 26, 2016 at 4:53 am #98763

You guys are probably right, I’m over thinking this.

Zacm
    Zacm
    Participant
    April 26, 2016 at 10:10 am #98789

Dude, you’re definitely overthinking this. There are millions of couples around the world with age differences much bigger than yours, it really isn’t a large age difference in the first place. If you like her that much then just continue seeing where it goes!

Zangetsu
    Zangetsu
    Participant
    April 27, 2016 at 11:11 am #98922

It’s more about me being in college and her being in HS. I’m not sure if there’s some kind of stigma with that.

rahu123
    rahu123
    Participant
    April 27, 2016 at 8:01 pm #98993

its your relationship and your business. at the end of the day, it is 1 year, everything will be fine as is, keep your girl.

JayJay
    JayJay
    Participant
    April 28, 2016 at 5:25 pm #99181

An eight year difference is much different from a one year difference and I think it’s totally normal to have a girlfriend younger than you by up to 3 years, seeing as most parents are up to that many years older / younger from each other. Don’t stress it.

1 2