Should I cut my losses

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I cut my losses

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pmphustle20
    pmphustle20
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 10:46 am #188627
    Should I cut my losses

Okay so I’ve been friends with this girl for awhile (cause I’ve know her brother) we weren’t to close but over the past month or two have been hanging out almost everyday, sometimes with other people sometimes just me and her. People kept asking me if we were talking so I decided to finally ask her on a date to see where we stood. She accepted but on the day of the date canceled because she was going threw some emotions over her ex being in the hospital dying and guilt tripping her, she said she still wanted to go out later that week. Wendsday rolls around and we go out to eat and I tell her I like her and see her value and wanted to start talking. She agreed and said that it was cute that I liked her and seen what I meant by had alot of what we’re looking for in a person. When I took her home she thanked me for the night and we hugged (I didn’t kiss her because I know she’s very shy about that kinda stuff). But the next day act way different even when we hung out just very distant

pmphustle20
    pmphustle20
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 10:48 am #188628

… later she was telling my friend that she likes me but just didn’t she herself being with me and wasn’t fully over her ex, which makes no sense because he legit hates her has a new girlfriend and they weren’t even that serious. Anyway I’m just asking if I should cut my losses or keep pursuing

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 1:08 pm #188637

don’ cut your losses yet – but slow it down.
    it is VERY legitimate that she is not over her ex- (females tend to take longer, especially if they weren’t the one breaking up). lots of good signs but its far too soon for her to be pushign into another relationship. so slow it down.. give her time. she’ll let you know when she’s ready. let her know you’re willing to wait and to let you know when she’s ready.

good luck. oh yeah.. UNTIL she’s ready, keep in contact but keep some distance too.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 3, 2018 at 12:11 pm #188681

Cut your losses! Move on!

She told (your friend) she doesn’t see herself being with you because she wanted your friend to tell YOU!
    From your point of view you said it makes no sense for her to still want her ex because “he legit hates her” has a new girlfriend. Believe it or not some people always want what they cannot have. She may be in a “bad boy” phase.

You could stick such a woman in a room with five guys and have four of them drop to their knees extending their heart to her. While the 5th guy sits in a corner sipping a cocktail and acts like she does not exist.
    That will be {the guy} she wants to get to know!

She sees him as “mystery’, a “challenge”, someone who will make her (earn) his attention and affection.
    If there are other women in the picture it makes her want to compete and (win) him over. She hates losing.
    She has to prove to herself she can get him. Anything that comes “easy” isn’t valuable to her.
    “Nice guys” are placed in her “Friend Zone”.

Find a girl who WANTS to be with YOU!

pmphustle20
    pmphustle20
    Participant
    November 6, 2018 at 8:22 am #188629

Oh and they have been apart for 8 months