Should I date him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I date him?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 12:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thetigertouch
    thetigertouch
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 11:25 pm #202155
    Should I date him?

So, there’s this guy that I have been friends with for a really long time. I’m really like him and he feels the same way. Our friends say that we would make a perfect couple, and that we are like soulmates. However, our families are really close, and if things didn’t work out between us, it would make things really awkward. He’s also one of my closest friends, and I’m not sure if I want to risk our friendship. I’ve thought about this so much and can’t make up my mind. I would love for us to be together, but there is just so much on the line. What do you think?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 15, 2019 at 3:01 pm #202159

“I’m really like him and he feels the same way.”
    “Our friends say that we would make a perfect couple, and that we are like soulmates”

“I’m not sure if {I} want to risk our friendship.”
    “I would love for us to be together, {but} there is just so much on the line.”

If someone is in your “friend zone” it’s because when you met you didn’t see them as being “the one” for you.
    Even now you’re already speculating on what will happen if things DON’T work out!
    Your (friends)sound more convinced than YOU!
    When someone truly believes they have met their “soulmate” a breakup is unimaginable.

Lastly the way you state it is YOU are not sure if YOU want to risk the friendship.
    That makes it sound as if HE is “all in”. If the feelings were truly MUTUAL you’d be “all in” too.

This makes me wonder if you’ve been in a dating slump and are just considering something “different”.
    In other words he’s NOT your “first choice” for a mate/spouse but he’s “Mr. Good Enough”.

You can’t manufacture chemistry. Stay friends.

Sheikh Suleiman
    Sheikh Suleiman
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 6:08 am #202212

There quite a number of problems that we face in life especially when it comes to love. Choosing who to love, whether to pursue ex lovers or whether to fight for those we crush on. I have been dealing with this for nearly 15 years now. Please visit Instagram page ; lovespells2 or facebook name; ulama suleiman for expert solutions