Should I date this guy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I date this guy?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 10:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jules
    jules
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 2:15 pm #168819
    Should I date this guy?

I met this nice guy at a party and we hit it off and we had sex that night, honestly we both were drunk so I expected nothing after. He contacted me and we went on a date few days later and he said he wants a relationship not just a hookup.

The problem is, he just got out of a super intense relationship and breakup 6 weeks ago. He said it wasn’t easy on him and he was bawling his eyes out for days after. (He didn’t flat out offer this information but I kind of probed him.) he only dated her for 8-9 months so I thought it wasn’t that serious.
    He says he’s over it and actually wants us to go skiing for a week soon. He even asked if I want kids one day (not with him, just in general.)

He says he’s over the breakup and wants a relationship, should I believe him? He’s so charming and flirty and doesn’t seem sad honestly. I know him and his ex still randomly text and talk on the phone but I’m not sure how often and about what.

Oh Boy!!
    Oh Boy!!
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 9:55 pm #168867

Why not? If you like him then go for it and if after a while he and his ex are still talking then I would mention it but until then have a good time.

SubwayVQ
    SubwayVQ
    Participant
    March 29, 2018 at 7:27 pm #169083

I would do it

Dreamer86
    Dreamer86
    Participant
    March 30, 2018 at 4:10 pm #169208

Proceed with caution. 8 to 9 months is enough time to develop serious feelings. 6 weeks isnt all that long ago and for a guy to cry fpr days shpws he had some hardcore feelings. So go for it, but keep up your guard.

teufulintrouble
    teufulintrouble
    Participant
    March 31, 2018 at 1:55 am #169226

Do it!

HORS
    HORS
    Participant
    April 1, 2018 at 11:48 am #169249

Just be caitious

Am19
    Am19
    Participant
    April 8, 2018 at 9:58 am #169892

Try it out to see how it goes; if you are not into it then tell him. Go have fun in the date

Kanga
    Kanga
    Participant
    April 8, 2018 at 12:59 pm #169899

Definitely continue to see him and see how things go, like everyone so far has commented. The ex still sort of being around is…if it is something that continues and especially if it’s something that bothers you, then do bring that up. I have exes that I am friends with but it’s taken a while to I guess shut off those feelings (from both sides) where we truly do just see each other as friends. My last relationship was for about a yr and I’d say it took me around 2-3 months to really feel truly over? him/the issues we had before I felt I could be in a relationship again without bringing baggage into a new relationship from that one (if that makes sense). Don’t question yourself or the situation so much, go with the flow of things and if red flags do start to pop up then just be honest with each other and especially with yourself!

20F
    20F
    Participant
    April 8, 2018 at 8:27 pm #169908

GO FOR IT!

Coach_Michael21
    Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    April 12, 2018 at 11:41 pm #170410
    Reply To: Should I date this guy?

I would like to echo the sentiments of the previous commenters.Continue to date him, but remember to always keep your heart guarded, especially in the beginning, and don’t expect too much out of the relationship too quickly. When our expectations become too much too soon, that’s when the pain tends to happen.

amirstagram
    amirstagram
    Participant
    April 13, 2018 at 2:36 am #170413

Follow your heart.

SomeoneBlue
    SomeoneBlue
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 7:08 am #170543

Sure