Should I end it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I end it?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 8:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

andrea_124
    andrea_124
    Participant
    September 6, 2018 at 4:31 am #183504
    Should I end it?

I’ve been talking with this guy for 7 months now. We’ve been in a date quite few times.
    He respects me and not rushing things. He is serious but he has a lot on his plate right now and I don’t see myself on the list of his priorities.
    I especially need him now since both of my parents died. I know he is busy with his work but we are just in the same building and he has time with gym.
    He still chats me thou. Even when I tried to ignore it, he will still keep on chatting and updating me even if it took him hours to response.
    I’ve been cold to him on our chats and he still hasn’t notice it or he’s just pretending.
    But the thing is.. chatting is not enough. I want to see him in person. Talk to him eye to eye.
    He said that he’ll always be there but I need him to be literally be here with me.

I’m thinking of ending things even when we haven’t started anything yet.
    I don’t want to settle for less and I know I desrve better.

Do you think it is a good decision to make?

vanillaseiche
    vanillaseiche
    Participant
    September 7, 2018 at 2:22 pm #183678

Does he have “excuses” or “reasons” as to why he takes so long to reply? If he has legit reasons, then it’s a bit more understandable. Also have you asked him if he’d like to hang out more? sometimes guys need us to be blunt. 🙂 It certainly doesn’t seem like he doesn’t want to have you in his life. Otherwise he’d just ghost you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 9, 2018 at 12:38 am #183795

“I don’t see myself on the list of his priorities.” – That should tell you all you need to know!

“I’ve been talking with this guy for 7 months now. We’ve been in a date quite few times.”
    “I’m thinking of ending things even when {we haven’t started anything yet.}”
    There’s nothing to end! You are free to date other guys. There’s no “relationship”! He’s basically just a friend.

You’re either in the “friend zone” or “friends with benefits”. Either way there’s no “commitment”
    The bottom line is YOU are unhappy with what he’s offering you.
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    Suffering is optional. Move on.

There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships.
    We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Accept them (as is) or move on. The choice is up to us.
    Choose wisely!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
    This guy is clearly not “into you”.

ariel8281
    ariel8281
    Participant
    September 14, 2018 at 10:44 am #184268

Hi Andrea
    Sorry to hear of this. It would be good to have a talk with him to set things right. At least give yourself the opportunity to ask him about the relationship. Move on if he has nothing to offer right now as you cannot wait for him.

eel751
    eel751
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 2:29 pm #184391

That’s funny because this sounds like the guy I’ve been talking to for 8 months and he said his friend who’s mom just died will be in town. He also goes to the gym and is busy with work. He hangs out at his grandmas everyday. We could be dealing with the same guy! Yes as of right now he’s probably seeing other women. Spend more time with him as a friend and progress further into the friendship.