Should I end it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I end it?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

eel751
    eel751
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 3:45 pm #184393
    Should I end it?

Matched with a guy on Tinder in January. He was great we then talked on snapchat for months I was away at school. I came back and he asked when we will hang out so I told him I’m not sure what my plans are but I will let you know when I’m free. I would let him know when I’m free, I’d ask him out but he would say sorry I have a family event this weekend, another time my Grandma died. Our timing has not matched up in our schedules but he will still flirt with me. I basically made it obvious I would like to meet him. We’ve planned what we will do in advance as in activity. After months and months of snapchatting, he gave me his number. I texted him the next day. We talked about the gym because we both like fitness. Flirting and light convo. He asks the next day when are we going on a date? I gave him a time where he said that might be a huge possibility. Me being mad says: what about a definite one? He said well my friend who’s mom just died will be in town. (More in comments)

eel751
    eel751
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 3:50 pm #184394

He said he doesn’t want to make a promise because his friend will be in town. I said ok I understand. He apologizes and says he still wants to meet face to face. So I said what about the 22nd? He says let’s do it. I said ok do you want to set a time now or closer? (I changed the game by asking this to see what happens next) he said we can plan closer and if it’s too cold for mini golf we can plan something else. I said ok, sounds good. Where he replies: you sound good! Like haha weird flirting so I said hahaha and he’s said why did you laugh? I lied and said: idek sorry I’m falling asleep right now. And he said awww that’s so cute!! It was around 9pm and I was tired. I didn’t read his message until the afternoon the next day. He hasn’t contacted me since. I’m hoping he reaches out since he canceled but I’m not sure if I should ask if we’re still on for Saturday and a time. I’m not good with dating and I’m afraid of looking desperate but he is the one texting back immediately.

Apes
    Apes
    Participant
    September 17, 2018 at 11:24 pm #184490

Move on. You have currently nothing invested in this guy. if he wanted to meet you he would have done so by now. For whatever reason this happens so much on dating sites. maybe he used a fake picture or something and doesn’t want you to see what he really looks like. Regardless, you deserve better

mbrod12
    mbrod12
    Participant
    September 19, 2018 at 8:27 pm #184777

I’d say move on as well…

elisa_rose
    elisa_rose
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 11:35 pm #184920

Same, move on…

pachzevel
    pachzevel
    Participant
    September 25, 2018 at 11:35 pm #185368

Don’t ask, but go on a date with him if he reaches out and organises it. If a guy is keen on you he will put in the effort. If not, he is not worth your time!

simcain68
    simcain68
    Participant
    September 26, 2018 at 10:20 am #185390

I had a similar situation and I know for a fact that if someone is into something – they will make time. If someone cancels but doesn’t try to offer an alternative date – they aren’t interested.

italostalo23
    italostalo23
    Participant
    September 27, 2018 at 1:01 am #185467

Move on, and keep your chin up!

jadela
    jadela
    Participant
    September 29, 2018 at 7:40 pm #185763

agreed with everyone about moving on

Sherbear
    Sherbear
    Participant
    September 29, 2018 at 7:57 pm #185768
    Reply To: Should I end it?

I wouldn’t think twice about it…move on and you’ll find someone better. Good luck

Tonia71
    Tonia71
    Participant
    October 7, 2018 at 8:25 am #186412

I would say move on

sara5269
    sara5269
    Participant
    October 8, 2018 at 6:57 am #186427

Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. We talked for 6 months, our plans never aligned so I just stopped talking to him and tried to move on with someone else but it just didn’t happen and there I was, 2 years after, still thinking about him. So in my opinion I think you should move on only if you’re ready to let go otherwise it’s just going to make things worse. But don’t worry, if you don’t move on right now but things are still the same at some point you’ll be fed up and you’ll leave on your own.

Robin42
    Robin42
    Participant
    October 17, 2018 at 7:11 pm #187344

Definitely move on. If he keeps on finding excuses not to meet with you, it probably means that he’s hiding something.