Should I end this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I end this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

eel751
    eel751
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 2:16 pm #184389
    Should I end this?

Matched with a guy on Tinder in January. He was great we then talked on snapchat for months I was away at school. I came back and he asked when we will hang out so I told him I’m not sure what my plans are but I will let you know when I’m free. I would let him know when I’m free, I’d ask him out but he would say sorry I have a family event this weekend, another time my Grandma died. Our timing has not matched up in our schedules but he will still flirt with me. I basically made it obvious I would like to meet him. We’ve planned what we will do in advance as in activity. After months and months of snapchatting, he gave me his number. I texted him the next day. We talked about the gym because we both like fitness. Flirting and light convo. He asks the next day when are we going on a date? I gave him a time where he said that might be a huge possibility. Me being mad says: what about a definite one? He said well my friend who’s mom just died will be in town so I can’t make a promise. +

eel751
    eel751
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 2:24 pm #184390

I said ok I understand. He apologizes and says he still wants to meet face to face. So I said what about the 22nd? He says let’s do it. I said ok do you want to set a time now or closer? (I changed the game by asking this to see what happens next) he said we can plan closer and if it’s too cold for mini golf we can plan something else. I said ok, sounds good. Where he replies: you sound good! Like haha weird flirting so I said hahaha and he’s said why did you laugh? I lied and said: idek sorry I’m falling asleep right now. And he said awww that’s so cute!! It was around 9pm and I was tired. I didn’t read his message until the afternoon the next day. He hasn’t contacted me since. I’m hoping he reaches out since he canceled but I’m not sure if I should ask if we’re still on for Saturday and a time. I’m not good with dating and I’m afraid of looking desperate but he is the one texting back immediately.

Jd2426
    Jd2426
    Participant
    September 18, 2018 at 3:10 am #184500

To me, it sounds like this one is a waste of time. If it was going to happen it would have happened already. Limit contact and maybe you can force the date that way. Just see how it goes.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 9:45 am #184812

Just send him a quick update mentioning the weather prediction for the weekend.
    If weather looks great for golf tell him you’re looking forward to it and if not make another suggestion.
    Either way if he backs out write him off.

It shouldn’t take several months for two people to meet in person if there’s a genuine interest on both sides.

neptuneandthesea
    neptuneandthesea
    Participant
    October 30, 2018 at 6:47 pm #188218

I’m sorry but it sounds like he isn’t really interested. If he really wanted to meet you, he would, no excuses about dead grandmas.

sivi
    sivi
    Participant
    October 31, 2018 at 4:38 am #188222

Maybe he just wants someone to flirt with. I think you should end it.

miaeb
    miaeb
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 5:43 am #188387
    Reply To: Should I end this?

I’d definitely just lay low for a while, if he wants you he knows where to find you and by the time you’ve waited for him to get in touch youll probably be over it anyways!

jamie693
    jamie693
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 6:54 pm #188576
    Reply To: Should I end this?

I agree. If he were keen he would make the time.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 1:17 pm #188640

doubt he’s interested. let him make plans and ask you out for you to go out with him – you’ve done more than your fair share in effort to try – now it’s up to him, not you. sorry.