Should I escape from my newly found girlfriend while I still can?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BusDriver215
    BusDriver215
    Participant
    November 16, 2018 at 3:11 am #189458

I met this women who is another Uber/Lyft driver like me, and she was talking to another man on and off for 8 months while we only talked for 3-4 weeks. She’s 36 years old with 4 kids and I’m 22 with none. We had just made it official 3-4 nights ago and I slept with her that night. So, I see her in the Airport lot waiting for a ride like me and I thought I’d hop in and talk to her in her car. Next thing you know, that other guy shows up ans says “I see how it is.” Whats mind boggling here is I’m sitting right next to her and she says back “It’s not what it seems.” I just let that slide because I’m not the type to want to make a scene, especially not at an area I’m always working. So, from the very beginning it all starts off as favors. She was hungry and I bought her some food and when I saw her again I felt joy but tried to hide it. But I handed her, her food and talked really about nothing and got a hugged and felt super joyed when I got back in my car.

BusDriver215
    BusDriver215
    Participant
    November 16, 2018 at 3:19 am #189459

We talked the next day and she mentioned how I did not look her in the eyes. I was open and honest and just said “I feel giggly and I feel happy when I’m around you.” and she understood. At first she didn’t want to date me cause she felt it’d be weird being that her oldest son is 18. But The second night we ever slept together I took her hands and looked her in the eyes and said “Let me be your man, just give me a chance. I feel passion for you and I want the opportunity. She said okay and mentioned what I thought my responsibilities were. It was an agreement that I give her money whenever she needed it and give money to help with her sons and help around the house when I’m around and I was like okay I can do that. It wasn’t long til we had our first argument and we argued about air in her tire cause she was around her way and I had just accepted a ride request. Finished that ride called her back and said she was home and I said to wait and I would have gotten back to you.

BusDriver215
    BusDriver215
    Participant
    November 16, 2018 at 2:14 pm #189460

So, he yelled at me and said “When I say jump, YOU JUMP!” I actually been talking to a few chicks out that lot and one was a 42 year old who I was also interested in but was not interested in dating. Told me that that meant I’m her pet or that I’m like her child. I let it slide unless it happens again. So, she was furious at me after I apologized many time and put me on punishment aka “The Doghouse”. I couldn’t touch her in anyway. So, so far I’m always bringing her food whenever she don’t come out and she not Ubering many days like she was before we started dating and I gave her $50 for 3/4 of her sons haircuts, got dogged. Also, for the record she very cute and can be very seductive. Then she wanted a space heater since her room is cold, and I bought one for $30 compared to the $9, $70, $100-$170 heaters cause I feel that’s too much for somebody new I’m committed to. She look at it and said “Heyyyy…. you bought…. the short one.” I was gone say I spent $30 but let it slide.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 18, 2018 at 2:18 am #189618

“She’s 36 years old with 4 kids and I’m 22 with none.”
    “It was an agreement that I give her money whenever she needed it and give money to help with her sons…”
    “Told me that that meant I’m her pet or that I’m like her child.”

Move on!
    You are being played for a fool which you are.
    There is no way any man her age would have allowed her to treat him like you let her do you.

Odds are if the shoe was on the other foot and you were 36 and had 4 children she wouldn’t be financially helping you.
    Hopefully you’re not “emotionally invested” in a woman thinks of you as being a “pet” or another one of her sons.
    It would be foolish of you to believe this is going to end up being some happily ever after fairytale because it’s not.

Most 20 something year old guys are not looking to take on the responsibility of supporting a woman with 4 kids.
    This union is probably best left to being friends with benefits and you should be dating other women as well.
    She’s just using you until a better option comes.