Should I feel embarrassed & offended by him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 12:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sugarrush
    Sugarrush
    Participant
    December 9, 2019 at 10:56 am #226302

Okay so there’s some random teen guy that works at a store that I usually go to.
    He was behind the counter so I asked him a question, he was fine with it. So while I was talking to him I
    maintained good eye contact & he did too. Then I started seeing his pupils got darker & bigger cause he was staring at my lips.
    So I felt kinda embarrassed about it so I asked him why he’s looking there? all he said was smirk at me instead of telling me
    it pissed me off. I don’t know what to think I feel that he thinks I’m a joke.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 9, 2019 at 5:43 pm #226344

“Okay so there’s some random teen guy…”
    So why do YOU care what some {random guy} thinks?

It’s not clear to me what you’re reading into this or why you care. Are you attracted to him?
    Are you self-conscious about your lips? Your overall appearance? or Did you feel this was some sort of a #MeToo moment?

The average person in a conversation is not staring into the eyes of someone intently enough to notice their pupils.
    Secondly if they felt embarrassed or uncomfortable they would simply cut the conversation short and move on.

We’re never going to be able to legislate how people look at each other or make them reveal their thoughts.
    You have to trust yourself and if something doesn’t feel right you simply move on.
    I wouldn’t have given this a second thought unless (I) was romantically interested in the other person.

demi
    demi
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 3:00 am #226350

let it go, he probably doesnt care less

User2944
    User2944
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 3:40 pm #226395

Just ignore it and act like it never happend next time you see him nothing to be concerned over

egg_head
    egg_head
    Participant
    January 28, 2020 at 12:43 am #228512

He probably was interested in you and then nervously laughed it off trying to seem aloof.

billvm
    billvm
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 12:19 am #228568

Direct uninterrupted eye contact between the sexes can sometimes be misinterpreted as an expression of one party being attracted to another. In the case of the teen, he may have so interpreted it that way.

Then his eyes moved down to your lips. Lips can have a sexual connotation. And he got caught by your confronting him. Made him nervous.

Clearly, as well, you may have attractive lips. Do not be offended and do not be confrontational.

My personal experiences of staring at a beautiful pair of legs make me just as guilty. Just haven’t been caught yet.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    January 30, 2020 at 5:36 pm #228689

hello my dear