Should I give it another try with this girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    December 21, 2018 at 5:15 pm #191605

I used to be in the same school with this girl 4 years ago we got along well as friends but she moved to another country 2 years ago, and since then, our interactions have been limited to texting on FB everyday.During this period, I started developing romantic feelings for her. Two months ago, I told her how I felt towards her and asked if she felt the same, and she replied “I do like you but I don’t want to date anyone right now” and also that she doesn’t like long-distance relationships since they never work out and that she hasn’t gotten over her previous long-distance relationship that broke her heart.At the same time, she had/has shown signs of interest by initiating text convos or putting the effort to continue them when I seemed to “draw back”. And she also used to send me pics of herself without me asking for it .
    Would you advice me to give it another try with her or should I just move on? Also; in my current stage, would you say she’s friend-zoned me or she really likes me?

ImInsecure89
    ImInsecure89
    Participant
    December 23, 2018 at 5:35 am #191631

I say you should. If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work but you should try. You got nothing to lose.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 23, 2018 at 12:19 pm #191637

“she replied “I do like you but I don’t want to date anyone right now”
    It’s the equivalent of someone saying: “I love you but I’m not (in love) with you.”
    In other words she said: “I don’t see YOU as being the one for me.”
    Welcome to the “Friend Zone”!

Just because someone does not rudely reject you doesn’t mean you were not rejected.
    Tell her you understand how she feels and you have decided to pursue relationships with local girls.
    From this point on treat her as you would a sibling or male friend.

In order for (her) to have been “the one” she would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a soulmate is someone who actually wants to be with you!

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    December 24, 2018 at 3:16 pm #191662

@dashingscorpio , you’re right. I’m probly friendzoned, and yea, I’ll also treat her as just that, a friend. I recently decided to stop texting her for the time being. And yup; rejection =next

ok2go
    ok2go
    Participant
    December 26, 2018 at 6:56 am #191673

You’d always be #2 (or #pick one) so (as you say) draw back. You don’t have to cut all communication but don’t put any effort or attention into it. You’re friendzoned in another country…. pretty huge disadvantage. If she wants to make a move be open to it, but probably she just wants the validation at times. Move on.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    December 31, 2018 at 8:41 am #191748

@ok2go : You’re right, I should move on, tho she makes it harder by trying to contact me often when I back away. But even then, I’m still following your advice of putting no effort into the convo.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    December 31, 2018 at 8:41 am #191750

@ok2go: Thanks! I’m moving on. Tho she makes it harder by contacting me. As you say, she might be looking for validation, so I’m putting no to little effort into the convos.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    December 31, 2018 at 8:41 am #191772

@ok2go Yea I’m moving on. She’s probly seeking validation/attention from me.

Olivia_daviss
    Olivia_daviss
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 3:42 pm #194543
    Reply To: Should I give it another try with this girl?

Honestly I would say at least try it with her the fact you noticed her means you have feelings for her and you aren’t likely to find someone else if you already like this girl

Blake
    Blake
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 9:08 am #194559

She made very clear she isnt interested in a long distance relationship. She didnt decide to tell you that, like as if she was chosing between having a Coke or Fanta. You are a friend and she wanted to be honest to you, so it’s quite certain she hasn’t all of a sudden changed her mind. However, everyone likes to be liked by someone and getting attention. She clearly likes your attention, but I’m afraid you won’t get what you are after. I would look elsewhere, if it’s destined to happen that you to end up together, it might happen in the future.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 10:48 am #194569

Hello Rey Histerio

I read your post and would like to assist you. however I need some background information to provide you the right feedback. Kindly reflrect on the following and provide your answers:
    1. What is your age?
    2. What is your relationship history?
    3. What do you specifically like about this woman? Be very specific and avoid terms like romantic feelings. We have no idea what that means.

I look forward to your reply and will continue to give you my feed back

best Wishes
    garyjay60

cvv369
    cvv369
    Participant
    February 12, 2019 at 4:06 pm #194841

Best to move on mate. Be glad you tried.

brak86
    brak86
    Participant
    February 14, 2019 at 1:09 pm #194991

I would move on. You can work on yourself and get better relationships.

Joxer
    Joxer
    Participant
    February 19, 2019 at 2:26 pm #195190

I’m in a quite similar situation. It’s not easy to accept that a person may not be into you, and move on.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    March 16, 2019 at 9:11 am #196894

@GJ: Sorry this is late, I moved on but I’m still interested in your advice so I’ll answer your question:

1) 18
    2) single
    3) Her patient/kind personality and her physical appearance

1 2