Should I give up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I give up?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 10:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JennyLynn2525
    JennyLynn2525
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 12:54 pm #159702
    Should I give up?

So I’ve been dating this guy for over 2 months now. He’s taken me out on about 5 dates.We have been intimate with each other. We are both single parents, his daughter being older knew who i was previously. I on the other hand have a 12 yr old daughter. So after him asking if she would be home when he would come to pick me up or come over. I finally told him that I didn’t want to introduce her to him until something was more permanent. That was my way of also finding out where things were going to. His response was that we need to see where things go and he needed to spend more time with me. A week later he took me to NFL game and over night stay. So I initiated that we spend time at my house together the following weekend. He text to say he would be late as he was having dinner with some of his family. And then cancelled completely saying he didn’t feel like going anywhere. I didn’t hear from him but noticed the same night he deactivated his facebook. continued…

JennyLynn2525
    JennyLynn2525
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 12:58 pm #159705

continued from above….
    I also noticed he quit looking at my stories on Snapchat. So last Friday I decided to text him. He said he was doing fine and we talked about him giving the rain check from last week this coming weekend. this took about three hours over time. Kinda of like he was pre- occupied. He said he would like to do something this coming weekend either day. Well when I responded with i didn’t care whichever day was better for him. He hasn’t responded since. What should i do next? Just wait for him to text me? or is he not interested?

Louis Richards
    Louis Richards
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 2:59 pm #159718

I think you should give up

jessicak
    jessicak
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 3:29 pm #159723

The worse thing we girls can do is start chasing a guy.You showed that you are interested, now it’s his turn to act right.

sadlife
    sadlife
    Participant
    December 25, 2017 at 9:38 am #160972

He doesn’t sound interested, for whatever reason. Don’t chase him, if he’s interested he will contact you.

monkeymom82
    monkeymom82
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 8:48 am #165958

Please don’t contact him again! If a guy is interested you will not have to question if he is!

Daydreamer920
    Daydreamer920
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 10:35 am #165969

I would not contact him, you already made the effort to reach out to him, you need to gauge his interest by letting him make the next move. Don’t chase him.

Ayoub
    Ayoub
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 6:11 pm #166059

don’t give up

dare7
    dare7
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 6:46 am #166074

Something is going in his life that he doesn’t want you to be a part of and he seems to be cutting ties with you. If he was truely still interested, he would make an effort. I would give up and move on.

Tiadavis
    Tiadavis
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 11:55 am #166116
    Reply To: Should I give up?

yeah i think you should give you as he isnt making effort

annalb
    annalb
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 11:04 pm #166773

The best thing to do when a guy doesn’t respond is to just let it go. It definitely is a red flag. I recently just stopped seeing this guy because he never texted me back it was for sure a one way street.

GreatCreator
    GreatCreator
    Participant
    March 4, 2018 at 9:28 am #166780

Only you can say if its worth it.Always consider long term factors.Can you see him benefiting your and youra family life’s years from now and vice versa

davidakj
    davidakj
    Participant
    March 4, 2018 at 7:41 pm #166789

Just let it go! It takes two in a relationship and it doesn’t seem like he’s that interested

jbj1965
    jbj1965
    Participant
    March 5, 2018 at 3:28 am #166790

I understand where you are at… I would not send any more texts or chats. It’s hard, I know but let it go.

dwade09
    dwade09
    Participant
    March 6, 2018 at 9:50 am #166842

It sounds like you should move on, if he really wanted you, he would have kept in contact and not have cancelled things. He would have kept going with you and seeing you and accepted your decision in when you chose for him to meet your daughter. it sounds like he really didn’t want to wait anymore and decided to move on and doesn’t have the balls to actually tell you.