Should I give up on the love of my life? How do I get her back?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 12:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thisguy9
    thisguy9
    Participant
    July 8, 2018 at 1:33 am #178711

We’ve dated for 3 years. The first breakup I was too needy and dependent, and I honestly really needed it. After several months she saw some changes I made and wanted me back. This time I overcompensated for some of the things that went wrong in our first relationship, I didn’t find that right balance. I didn’t open up enough, or communicate enough and it bit me in the butt. If I didn’t truly believe that I was supposed to be with this girl then I would move on, but based on various Godly signs and experiences we’ve had together I know in my heart I can’t give up on us; We haven’t been as close as we used to be, which goes both ways but I know how we can fix it. I’m not really sure what to do now, I talked to her today for the first time since, and she’s happy. She said she wished we did work, but she doesn’t want to put the effort in to fix it because she doesn’t think it will work. I know she loves me and cares for me, but she fell out of love. What should my steps be at this point?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 8, 2018 at 1:18 pm #178721

“I know in my heart I can’t give up on us.”
    “I know how we can fix it.”

“… she’s happy.”
    “she doesn’t want to put the effort in to fix it because she doesn’t think it will work.”
    ” I know she loves me and cares for me, but {she fell out of love}.”

Don’t buy into the idea of obstacles as being romantic!
    We see this all the time in romance novels and Hollywood movies where couples go through ups and downs.
    Ultimately they end up living happily ever after. That’s NOT real life!
    I read a quote recently: “Love is like a fart, if you have to force it, it’s probably sh*t!”

The truth is (one person) cannot fix a relationship. Both people have to want to be in the relationship.

In order for (her) to be “the one” she would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you! (And vice versa)

Thankfully there are over 7 Billion other people on the planet.
    Every ending is a new beginning!

Best wishes!