Should I give up or keep trying

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jam1234
    Jam1234
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 10:23 am #198234

Theres this boy I really like and we met by chance a year ago at a store and never spoke again. Then we saw each other again a year later and talked a little and I went to a party of his. The next day he messaged me online to tell me that he really liked me. I had a boyfriend at the time and told him this. Two months later I had no boyfriend and he invited me to another party. I told him I didnt have a boyfriend anymore and was so ecstatic and we kissed and he kept picking me up and dancing with me all night. I slept over and he didnt want to even sleepwnith me because he kept saying he didnt want to mess this up. Then the next day he walked me home and kissed me and gave me his number. We talked lightly over text but sometimes I accidentally left him on read. He was very flirtatious and asked me to hang out once but things didnt work out.

Jam1234
    Jam1234
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 10:24 am #198235

Then we were at the same party a few weeks later and he was much different towards me and less flirtatious and we went back to his place afterwards and he was much colder and only really wanted to hookup seemingly. It was like polar opposites. What changed? He doesn’t have a girlfriend or anything. Should I keep trying to pursue him or is it a dead end.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 6, 2019 at 3:50 pm #198237

It’s not clear what you are “trying” to accomplish.

” What changed? He doesn’t have a girlfriend or anything.”
    (As far as YOU know. He could be interested in someone else.)

“…sometimes I accidentally left him on read.”
    “He was very flirtatious and asked me to hang out once but things didnt work out. ”

Depending on (why) and how it didn’t work out might also have a lot to do with him cooling off towards you.
    Nobody enjoys being rejected and some people take it more personally than others.

You said (he) was very flirtatious but didn’t mention whether or not you were very flirtatious with him as well.
    {He may have felt YOU were NOT as “into him” as he was “into you” so he distanced himself.}

Contrary to popular opinion men really don’t “love the chase”.
    They want there to be (mutual interest) these days.
    Most likely he didn’t try something the first time because he was afraid of being rejected.
    He probably tried to hookup with you as a final push to see you were “into him”.

newuser212
    newuser212
    Participant
    April 7, 2019 at 9:20 am #198246

Keep trying and don’t give up

jessicaNv
    jessicaNv
    Participant
    May 3, 2019 at 11:50 am #199840

keep trying