Should I hang onto a hope of potential?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jadela
    jadela
    Participant
    September 29, 2018 at 7:56 pm #185767

We met on vacation mode – at a music festival back in July
    For one day and had to leave
    We slept together (not sex) and kissed
    He came to see me in Berlin for 2 days

We had sex the 2nd night
    Ever since our messages have lessened from 1x a day to 1-2x a week–granted now we’re in different timezones and back in the real world
    We’ve talked about seeing one another again in the coming months but nothing concrete

I know he likes me but idk *how* that is — is he just wanting to be friends and hook up or is he looking for something more? idk?! And idk if I should entertain the idea of him being a potential future boyfriend or look at him as just a nice hook up?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 2, 2018 at 1:06 pm #185962

No you should not entertain the idea of him being your boyfriend!

This was pure and simple vacation sex. Enjoy it for what it was!
    It’s not practical or realistic to expect this to become a long distance relationship.
    If you had been together locally for several months, fell in love, and one of you moved away that would be different.

LDRs were meant to be temporary. The goal is to be with the person you love.
    When there is no light at the end of the tunnel whereby someone will be relocating couples usually drift apart.
    It’s the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one is finally done with the inconvenience of a LDR that keeps it strong!

Three days together? You barely know each other!
    Don’t fall into the trap of “romanticizing obstacles” like long distance.
    The only valid reason for being in a long distance relationship is the belief that he is “the one”.
    Otherwise if you’re just dating for the fun of it you might as well do that locally.