Should I hang out with her as a friend to get her back?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 4:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

barrelland
    barrelland
    Participant
    January 5, 2018 at 1:13 pm #161710

She really wants to be friends. I went overboard though and asked her to go out on what seemed like a romantic date. Flower emojis and all. She then had to call me and tell me that it felt very much like a date request and that she didn’t want a date. She said that she just didn’t want me to get the wrong idea. I got offended and cancelled the meet up all together telling her that its too soon for me to hangout just as friends. Now I wish I would have just asked to grab a coffee and took it slow. Maybe she wants to be friends first and test the waters again by taking it slow. I ended up blocking her on insta a few days later. I had already stopped following her on insta to try to get over her but she continued following me and liking all my posts and viewing my stories. A week later she called me to see how I was doing and it felt really good talking to her but I think she just called to see why I blocked her. …continued below…

barrelland
    barrelland
    Participant
    January 5, 2018 at 1:14 pm #161711

The next day I had to call her and tell her not to call me until I call her because I m still healing and I m not ready for friendship yet. I also told her to call me if she wanted to talk about getting back together. We hadn t seen each other in person for about 2 months. Now I feel like I should have met with her as a friend a few times in person before I invited her out on these romantic date seeming meet ups. I was planning on going no-contact with her for as long as it takes to get over her but now I feel like re-opening our communication flow. She texted me Happy Birthday a week after I called her. Christmas and New Years were a few days after my b-day and I didn t send her Merry Christmas or happy new year though it was hard to do. Does it sound like I still have a chance with her? Should I wait until February and re-evaluate? Should I never contact her again? …Continued below…

barrelland
    barrelland
    Participant
    January 5, 2018 at 3:39 pm #161712

The reason we broke up was because I was on the fence for a while about the relationship and then she got too busy with work and school and then she told me that she didn’t want to have sex and that she didn t want to work on not wanting to have sex but she still wanted to be with me.