Should I just cut him off?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonymousgirl1000
    anonymousgirl1000
    Participant
    January 25, 2018 at 4:14 am #163342

I’m 19, he’s 26. We met through mutual friends, but I’ve never seen him in person since he lives far away. We talk often, but sometimes it takes him forever to respond. It didn’t bother me until I noticed that he continues to post on social media and will even like my Ig pictures or watch my Snapchat stories. Still, I don’t worry too much because he does ALWAYS get back to me eventually. Our conversations are ongoing, so I never really have to reach out to him. He does try to keep the conversation going, so I’m not doing all the talking. English isn’t his first language, so he does struggle. Texting can get old though, so I mentioned FaceTime to him. He told me that he was in a meeting for work and couldn’t. He also mentions that most of his meetings are on that particular day. With his line of work, I could believe it. I just brushed it off and said that we could do it another time. He only responded with an emoji, so I just assumed that he just isn’t that into me.

carolineroberts512
    carolineroberts512
    Participant
    January 26, 2018 at 10:25 am #163500

Maybe you should try setting up a different time for FaceTime. Men tend to get really focused and preoccupied, especially whenever it comes to business. If he’s staying in contact with you consistently (every day or few days) then that says a lot. (:

Jb1993
    Jb1993
    Participant
    January 27, 2018 at 2:14 am #163586

If he’s anything like me, he honestly forgets to text back sometimes. Don’t overthink it. Try to figure out a way to bring it up without it sounding like an acusation

Anonymous8
    Anonymous8
    Participant
    January 28, 2018 at 2:08 am #163615

Maybe he’s just really busy. Just give him some time

Sorae
    Sorae
    Participant
    January 28, 2018 at 2:58 am #163617

wouldnt over think things! just let it play out

ch1910
    ch1910
    Participant
    January 28, 2018 at 10:05 pm #163631

Don’t over think things, maybe he is just busy.

primo
    primo
    Participant
    January 29, 2018 at 6:44 am #163635

since it’s just an online thing he can cut you off if he’s not interested so as long as he’s replying he must be interested in you so keep trying

wisconsinretiree
    wisconsinretiree
    Participant
    January 29, 2018 at 8:59 am #163630

His English is probably not good enough for him to feel comfortable on FaceTime. With text messaging he can even lookup words or use an English translation application,

anonymousgirl1000
    anonymousgirl1000
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 12:42 am #163788
    Reply To: Should I just cut him off?

@wisconsinretiree That crossed my mind too. Being billingual myself, there are times when it’s frustrating to communicate in the other language and I’m not always comfortable taking to people who don’t know any English at all. I always feel like I do much better with texting.