Should I let him know I'm interested?  (College)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I let him know I'm interested? (College)

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 8:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kingdomglass
    kingdomglass
    Participant
    March 27, 2019 at 3:51 am #197710
    Should I let him know I'm interested? (College)

I’m 20 years old, just got out of a long term relationship, and am entering the college dating scene for the first time. I’ve admired a guy for about a year. Because I was in a relationship at the time, I always enjoyed talking to him but never reached out until recently. I asked him out for coffee, and to my suprise, he was really happy to accept. We had a great conversation that I wouldn’t call flirty, but as always, we both really enjoyed it. I again thought he must only consider me a friend, but afterward he gave me his number and said if I ever wanted to get coffee again, let him know. The only thing is, I’ve never been the one to initiate relationships, and don’t know how to show Im interested without coming on too strong. I’d be really embarrassed if I told him I had feelings for him and was met with an awkward rejection, as we don’t know each other very well yet and have mutual friends. But he graduates in 5 weeks. Should I take action or give up? How do I do either?

kingdomglass
    kingdomglass
    Participant
    March 27, 2019 at 4:00 am #197711

To complicate things, I originally thpught I wouldn’t hear from him again and made an online dating profile. I met a nice guy through this website, and agreed to meet in person. We haven’t met yet, but the agreement was made before I realized that I still have a really bad crush on the previously mentioned guy. I’d just go on the date and turn him down politely, but just my luck, I found out this online guy is a coworker of the guy I really have a thing for. What’s worse is the online guy is trans and the guy I have a crush on has no idea I’m queer and may be weirded out by that. So I’m desparately trying to prevent them from finding out about each other.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 29, 2019 at 8:58 pm #197932

“..the guy I have a crush on has no idea I’m queer and may be weirded out by that.”
    The goal is to be with someone who will accept you for who (you) are.

Therefore I would advise you to only consider dating those who have shown to be open minded.
    Shocking someone with something out of left field is not the best way to establish a new relationship.

Best wishes!