Should I make a next move?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 10:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jc
    jc
    Participant
    May 10, 2018 at 11:13 am #172774

I met this guy on a dating app. we didn’t really have a proper conversation. he just asked me right away if I would meet him for a drink. I said yes then tried to make a conversation before our first date. he didn’t seem like much of a talker. I met him a week later. he is more talkative in person. he said online chating is not his strong point. he is a kind of person who handles a conversation smoothly and casually but he would never ask many questions.
    I found him as a genuinely nice guy and I would like to meet him again. but as he was so polite, I’m not sure if he was interested in me or not…it’s not like I’m in love with him but it got me thinking how many single men at 40s normal(?) like him left out there. maybe I should make a next move? I noticed that all the good ones are taken because if he is OK to me, he is OK to many women. So I should be more proactive to not lose him? or is it true that guys don’t like to be chased by girls?

Akue44
    Akue44
    Participant
    May 10, 2018 at 10:28 pm #172867

I can’t speak for all men, and being a young man myself (24) I can’t say whether age will change how I feel. If I am ever on the fence about what i think about a girl, for example she’s not the prettiest in the world but she is really nice and makes me want to smile when she talks, I might not initiate contact for a second date until my next couple then realize that she was better than these other girls. However, if i found someone i was more interested in then i would forget her and pursue the new one. However, if this on the fence girl were to contact me at any point in this time period I would most definitely go and have another date with them and make a final decision to pursue or not from there. So in short, based on my personality and what i believe to be what most men to behave like, I would ask him to a second date. I wouldn’t say to chase him, Just give him a date and place, if he refuse ask if there’s a better date available for him, if he says he doesn’t drop it and move on.

ekeBrown
    ekeBrown
    Participant
    May 11, 2018 at 4:28 am #172873

if i wear you, you should wait or ask him about that..

jc
    jc
    Participant
    May 11, 2018 at 8:43 am #172784

he paid everything that night so I said I would invite him next time but I don’t think he heard me. then after we said good-bye I was running to the taxi and he said ‘we should repeat it again’ to back of my head..so I nodded my head as a response…that was Tuesday and we didn’t write each other since…he is scottish btw

PoppyMilli
    PoppyMilli
    Participant
    May 12, 2018 at 12:07 pm #173037

Hey, how are you getting on with your scotsman? Did you text him back? I think as a woman if you like a man you dont need to wait for him to ask you out. Text him and say you had a nice time and if he would like to meet up again. What do you have to lose?
    Good luck!!
    x

PJ
    PJ
    Participant
    May 12, 2018 at 3:23 pm #173038

Did you text him after the date and thank him. I always do that and then you may get a feel if whether or not they could be interested.

darenmartin
    darenmartin
    Participant
    May 16, 2018 at 7:37 am #174307

If you feel like that he is a perfect partner for you then you should make the next move without wasting a single moment. Go ahead and share your feelings with him.

miamia123
    miamia123
    Participant
    May 17, 2018 at 7:59 pm #174499

Yeah if everything went well and you guys are vibing def hit him up and make the next move!

saraidk
    saraidk
    Participant
    May 17, 2018 at 10:23 pm #174503

Just do what you feel like doing. I really don’t see the point of waiting around for him to to initiate it if he’s busy or something.
    Just don’t be too clingy or desperate, but have an upbeat opinion about what you want to do and suggest something fun. I’m sure he won’t say no.

heytherehowareyou
    heytherehowareyou
    Participant
    May 18, 2018 at 7:13 am #174509
    Reply To: Should I make a next move?

If you feel like it, do it. A simple answer to your question: Yes.

Trayalc
    Trayalc
    Participant
    May 18, 2018 at 9:12 pm #174640
    Reply To: Should I make a next move?

If you have not already, let him know you really enjoyed the night out, and suggest going out again. That’ll give him assurance that you enjoyed it. If he still doesn’t initiate, it wouldn’t hurt to ask!