Should I marry him even if he criticizes my appearance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I marry him even if he criticizes my appearance?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 9:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mmonroe123
    mmonroe123
    Participant
    April 21, 2018 at 8:52 pm #171346
    Reply To: Should I marry him even if he criticizes my appearance?

Yes! No one should criticize your body and this is a form of verbal and emotional abuse . Seems like he’s got a lot of insecurities and is trying to trap you . I have never tolerated this and neither should you

matholimahlo
    matholimahlo
    Participant
    April 22, 2018 at 1:10 am #171347

It’s one of two things: either he feels extremely insecure and criticism is a mechanism of deflecting your eyes from what he feels are his failings, and establishing some measure of equality, or, he’s controlling and criticism is a way of breaking down your ego to give him supremacy.

MadJack
    MadJack
    Participant
    April 24, 2018 at 10:57 am #171568

dump him.

mottoman
    mottoman
    Participant
    April 27, 2018 at 9:02 am #171749

Run, Forest, Run… FAST. He’s a nut job

chaoticmess13
    chaoticmess13
    Participant
    June 23, 2018 at 8:52 am #177816

Never even think about marrying anyone that doesn’t make you feel beautiful everyday. Never! Who tf is he to say shit like that. If you have this now, trust, you’ll be a hurting lady, at the end. That kind of guy is not good for any woman. I’d rather have a poor ass guy who made me feel like I was a queen, living in a box than a guy who even thought I needed to change. Egotistical for no reason. Nope let him go

brokenAF23
    brokenAF23
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 4:59 am #177932

Don’t worry about your age. Getting married is not a contest. Better leave that man before anything worst would happen.

pisceslady89_
    pisceslady89_
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 6:10 am #177940

He isnt a good man if he likes to criticize you. He knows that if he criticizes you you will have low self esteem and that he can control you. If i were you id run. Dump him. No good man and good future husband would want to be telling those kind of things to a girl that he loves. Heis a superficial guy.not worth the time and effort. He will get worse. Maybe he is a narcissist? Check out for that

Starshine
    Starshine
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 4:28 am #178547

I’ll put it this way: the next time you take out the trash, do so with him in mind. I can speak from my mother’s experience with my father and a man I once had a holiday fling with – this is NOT something you want in your life. You are worth so far more than that and are beautiful, ideal, spectacular and are just fine enough as you already are. A man like this, or any man for that matter, is not worth compromising your own value, self-respect and integrity for. Be truest to yourself above anyone else – always. Wishing you all the best!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Starshine Starshine.
1 2