Should I or should I not have sex with him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 1:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GreatLove44
    GreatLove44
    Participant
    January 8, 2019 at 2:35 pm #192149

I just turned 29. So I’ve been seeing this guy for about a month now. We bonded really well and I am attracted to him. BUT, day one he told me he’s not jumping into a relationship. Then why the hell did he take me to the movies?? It took a long time for me to realize he didn’t want to be with me because we’ve been hanging out. He doesn’t want a relationship because he just got out of a relationship. He doesn’t want to rush things. I get that. I don’t want to rush in terms of having sex because I’ve been burned in the past for going to quick. But we are attracted to each other. I told him we should wait to have sex in the beginning but I really want to now because I like sex. We’ve been flirting and tension is building up. However there is a chance I will get hurt because we are not together he can do what ever he wants, with who he wants at any time.
    What should I do? Do the do? Wait? or call it quits?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 8, 2019 at 2:56 pm #192152

“Should I or should I not have sex with him? ”
    The only reason anyone should have sex is because THEY want to!

A mistake a lot of people make is believing sex will solidify their relationship or cause someone to fall in love with them.
    Others have sex because they feel pressured or they fear they will lose the person they’re seeing.

Do not ever have sex with a “hidden agenda” or with an expectation of anything beyond having an orgasm!
    If you have sex on those terms you should never feel used or taken advantage of.

Last but not least going to the movies or any other outing doesn’t mean someone wants an exclusive relationship.
    When a guy tells you he doesn’t want to jump into a relationship what he’s telling you is he’s keeping his options open.
    In the event you hear about him being with another girl he will remind you he said he didn’t want anything “serious”.
    He doesn’t see (you) as being “the one”.

You should keep (your) options open by dating other guys. Don’t look at sex as a segue into love.

GreatLove44
    GreatLove44
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 2:17 pm #192383

Thanks that puts it in perspective. I’ve moved on because if we both aren’t on the same page then why stay. Definitely keeping my options open.