Should I reach out to him or let it go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Heather4808
    Heather4808
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 7:57 pm #189661

A much younger man was very interested in me (he’s 26, I’m 35). I tried to deny the attraction for a long time but eventually couldn’t resit any more and asked him if he wanted to get together.

I knew he was leaving town for several months but I wanted to spend time before he left to see if there was anything between us. We couldn’t deny the sparks between us and wound up sleeping together the first night. We were both very keen to keep in contact once he left, and we did for 2 weeks but I started to act a little needy when he started texting me less and I think I pushed him away.

Eventually he stopped texting me altogether. I wanted to talk to him so badly but waited for him to contact me first. 3 weeks went by and I sent him a text saying that I was thinking about him. He never wrote back. I’m not sure that he got my text at all. It’s now been 6 weeks. I can’t get over it. I really liked him and now I just feel used for sex. Would I look desperate if I reached out to him?

insomniac
    insomniac
    Participant
    November 20, 2018 at 5:24 pm #189673

Never mind how desperate it may seem or that you can’t seem to get over it or him…just “let go.” If he hasn’t contacted you, chances are, he has moved on. You are still young. Just think of it as one of life’s experiences. Learn from what you can of the situation and move on. Love yourself enough to know that you deserve better. Just a suggestion…if you are looking for a relationship, don’t start it by giving in to the lust. You want to get to know the person first. I made a special friend online from another country. We were so compatible and corresponded for 2wks. Then he asked me to marry him for papers. When I opened up about my disappointment, he never contacted me again. I was devastated because I thought that I made a genuine friend of the opposite sex. It hurts because he came across so sincere. I, too, try to contact him and no answer. I asked myself too if I would look desperate to reach out again. Their lack of communication should ring loud and clear.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 5:46 pm #189705

“.. eventually couldn’t resist any more and asked him if he wanted to get together.”
    “I knew he was leaving town for several months but {I wanted to spend time} before he left..”
    “We couldn’t deny the sparks between us and wound up sleeping together the first night.”
    “It’s now been 6 weeks. I can’t get over it. I really liked him and now I just feel used for sex.”

You were the one who asked him out. You were the one who wanted to spend time together.
    You knew he was going to be gone for (several months) when (you chose) to have sex with him.
    You don’t suddenly get to paint yourself as a “victim” for doing what YOU wanted to do.

The only people who feel “used” after having sex are those who hoped by having sex it would solidify a relationship,
    No one should be having sex with an agenda or expecting anything beyond an orgasm.
    This is especially true of a 35 year old person who should not be confusing sex with love or seeing it as a stepping stone to more. Move on.

mscara
    mscara
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 6:55 pm #189714

Make like Elsa from Frozen and LET IT GO!

dimaggio90
    dimaggio90
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 7:44 pm #189716

I agree, probably should let go.

pearlytwinkle
    pearlytwinkle
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 11:19 pm #189732

You should let it go.

p23
    p23
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 5:32 pm #189749

Let it go, move on.

BobbyCA007
    BobbyCA007
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 9:55 pm #189763

You could text him and tell him that you previously sent him a text and wasn’t sure if he got it or not.
    You could tell him that you feel used by him.

Scarface
    Scarface
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 11:34 pm #189764

classic ghosting. I hate when ppl do that

caroline3000
    caroline3000
    Participant
    November 29, 2018 at 2:30 pm #190266
    Reply To: Should I reach out to him or let it go?

Hello,
    If you’ve tried reaching out to him,and he hasn’t replied you should move,on for yourself. He’s not worth it.