Should I send flowers for my crush on her graduation day?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 8:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

manjtns
    manjtns
    Participant
    May 2, 2019 at 9:22 pm #199773

Met a girl around a year ago but we have since moved to different country. We used to text a lot for a few months and we’ve gone out a couple of times, but we’ve spoken less for the past couple of months. She’s graduating from university soon and I’d like to send something nice (no expectation of anything, I just want to make her happy since she’s an amazing person!). However, I don’t know her address so I’m planning to send it to her university instead. Is it a good idea?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 5, 2019 at 6:24 pm #199899

If you have “no expectations of anything” why are you referring to her as “my crush”?
    How many other girls are you planning to send flowers to for graduating from college.

The first thing you need to do is be honest with yourself.
    Your goal is to send her something with the hope (she will contact YOU) to acknowledge receiving it!

Generally speaking if you don’t know where someone lives you’re probably not all that important to them.
    One of the reasons why guys send flowers to women at work and other public places is to impress their peers.
    For all you know she may also have a boyfriend on campus.

Since you haven’t spoken to her in months this gesture sounds like it could have ulterior motives.
    As you noted you only went out with her a “couple of times” during a whole year and haven’t really be in contact for months.
    A congratulations (greeting card) may garner you the same result you want without coming off as overly invested.